Snifits are Snifit toys found in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series. Unlike Shy Guys, they do not wander freely on land. Instead, they stand in one place, wind up with a noise, then shoot five bullets, slightly recoiling backward with each shot; after a moment, they return to where they were standing and repeat their routine. Bullets fired from Snifits cannot pass through any solid object, but can destroy Minis upon contact.
In Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, they appear in Jungle Hijinks. Exclusively in this game, the player can manually make a Mini jump onto a Snifit's head to ride on top of it. In Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!, they are first encountered in Room 4-4 of Jungle Rumble. Their actions are slightly slower, and they have spikes on their head, indicating that a Mini will break if it tries to jump on a Snifit. In Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!, they are found in Cannon Cove and Secret Storage. They move more quickly than their previous appearances, and they no longer have spikes on their head; however, in this game, a Mini still breaks if it jumps on top of a Snifit.
Names in other languages
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis object graphics filename (data/data/anims/snifit_anim.bin)
- Snifit – Snifit shoots bullets in the direction he's facing, then reloads to do it again. Make sure Mini Mario isn’t in the way! - Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! help.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! Help Mode & Construction Zone
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 Shogakukan book
- Scan of 「マリオvs.ドンキーコング 突撃！ミニランド 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Mario vs. Donkey Kong Totsugeki! Mini-Land)
|Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!|
|Characters||Mario • Pauline • Donkey Kong • Toads|
|Minis||Mini Mario • Mini Toad • Mini Peach • Mini Donkey Kong|
|Floors||Mini Mayhem • Sandstone Stroll • Magnet Mania • Jungle Rumble • Rooftop • Basement|
|Items and objects||Blue Spring • Box Spring • Cannon • Clock • Coin (large) • Color Switch • Conveyor Belt • Door • Girder • Hammer • Key • Key Door • Ladder • M-Token • Magnet • Mini Mario Card • Pink Block • Pokey Block • Pop-up Gate • Rotate Pipe • Shy Guy Block • Spike • Spin-bar magnet • Warp Pipe • Yellow Spring|
|Enemies||Monkey robots (Capture Kong · Circus Kong) • Bird • Piranha Plant (fire) • Pokey • Polterguy • Shy Guy • Snapjaw • Snifit • Thwomp|
|Miscellaneous||Media • Staff • Super Mini Mario World|