Petea Piranha in Paper Mario: Color Splash
|First appearance||Paper Mario: Color Splash (2016)|
- “GLORGOK GLEP GLEP GLOP! (Can't you see I'm poisoning here?!)”
- —Petea Piranha, Paper Mario: Color Splash
Petea Piranha is a minor boss fought in Plum Park of Paper Mario: Color Splash. He first emerges folded up like a teabag when Mario and Huey attempt to squeeze the Teapot, engaging the two in a boss battle. According to the game's digital instruction manual, the two Snifits who were having tea in Plum Park originally stuffed Petea Piranha, in place of a teabag, into the teapot, which they stole from Dark Bloo Inn. He is also the one responsible for poisoning the water in Plum Park.
He resembles Petey Piranha, with his internal filenames confirming that he is based on Petey, since he is referred to with the BPK and B_PKF abbreviations in the game code, with the script controlling his behavior in battle also having the BossPakkun string, all of which reference Petey Piranha's Japanese name, Boss Pakkun (ボスパックン). Despite this, his complete internal name is instead Tea Pakkun (ティーパックン), which is also his actual name in the Japanese version. The French and Italian localizations maintain this distinction, with the latter using a direct translation of the Japanese name and even using different gibberish language for him mainly based on various spellings of tea in Italian. In terms of appearance, the sprite used for Petea Piranha is nearly identical to Petey Piranha, but the 3D model features a small paper teabag label attached to the head.
|Color Splash enemy|
|Moves||Bite Attack (13). Hip Attack (33), Rot Attack (24), Discharge Attack (13), Eat Attack (25)|
During the fight, Petea Piranha is able to use several moves against Mario: he can directly bite him, dealing 13 HP of damage; he can fly above and fall on him, dealing 33 HP of damage; or he can attack Mario while spinning, dealing 24 HP of damage. He also has the ability to eat non-boss enemies summoned by the player through Enemy Cards and spit them at Mario, dealing 13 HP of damage and causing them to fight for Petea Piranha. If the player attempts to jump on Petea Piranha, he will counter the attack by swallowing Mario, dealing 25 damage in the process. However, after the spinning attack, he is dizzy and he can miss his attacks. This leaves him susceptible to jump or hammer attacks which make him fall down, leaving him unable to move and vulnerable to jump attacks until he gets up again. He also falls down when the player uses the Lemon Thing or the Lemon Replica card. When he is down and a Koopaling Card is used, he gets up and escapes from the Koopaling. When he returns, he is dizzy.
Names in other languages
|Portmanteau of "tea" and「ボスパックン」(Bosu Pakkun, Petey Piranha)|
|French (NOA)||Pethé Piranha||Petea Piranha|
|French (NOE)||Planthé Piranha||Piranha Plantea; portmanteau of "plante" (plant) and "thé" (tea)|
|German||Mutant-Teeranha||Portmanteau of "Tee" (tea) and "Mutant-Tyranha" (Petey Piranha)|
|Italian||Pianta Piranha da tè||Tea Piranha Plant|
|Portuguese||Petey Piranha Chá||Tea Petey Piranha|
|Pun on "Пиранья Пети" (Piran'ya Peti, Petey Piranha) and a "packet" of tea|
|Spanish (NOA)||Pepité Piraña||Petea Piranha (same pun as English version, but using the Latin American Spanish name Pepito)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Té de Floro Piraña||Pun on "Floro Piraña" (Petey Piranha's European Spanish name) and "té de flores" (floral tea)|
- The string of Petea Piranha in the unit data table of the European/Australian version of Paper Mario: Color Splash is B_PKF ティーパックン B_PKF ENEMY_RANDAM_1_5 B_PKF01 Name_BPK btl/enemy/zako_boss/as_btl_zako_boss_packun bpk_constructor 武器わらわら E_WARAWARA_ATTACK 武器ふっとばされ E_BLOWBACK_ATTACK 武器噛みつき BPK_BITE_ATTACK 武器ヒップドロップ BPK_HIP_ATTACK 武器回転 BPK_ROT_ATTACK 武器吐き出し BPK_DISCHARGE_ATTACK 武器カード噛みつき BPK_BITE_ATTACK_PANEL BTL_EMY_Walk_L BTL_EMY_Jump_L BTL_EMY_Jump_L BTL_EMY_Dash_L BTL_EMY_TakeOff_L BTL_Damage_Fire_Finish_LL BTL_Damage_Ice_Finish_LL SE_ENM_Damage_Big SE_KUR_Guard SE_MAR_Damage_Toge SE_MAR_Damage_Fire SE_ENM_Damage_Big SE_BPK_Landing SE_MBRS_Jump SE_ENM_Jump_In_L SE_ENM_Jump_In_L SE_SYS_Message_Enemy5.
- トオサカ (Octover 13, 2016). キャサリンがアイドルになっていた！？『ペーパーマリオカラースプラッシュ』 #22. YouTube. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- stratussina (October 27, 2016). Paper mario color splash ITA #19 Giardino Gridellino e mega pianta piranha. YouTube. Retrieved May 15, 2017.