Five Fun Guys
|Five Fun Guys|
|First appearance||Paper Mario: Color Splash (2016)|
- “The five of us are really good friends. We never get sick of one another's insufferable personalities and irritating faces.”
- —Five Fun Guys, Paper Mario: Color Splash
The Five Fun Guys are a quintuplet of green Toads who appear in Paper Mario: Color Splash. They are found at Bloo Bay Beach during Oceanfest. The Five Fun Guys' troupe name is a pun on "fungi", the plural of the word "fungus".
They, along with their manager, usually host two games that determine if someone is worthy enough to enter Blissful Beach. Their first challenge is a game called "Toad and Go Seek", which is a Hide-and-Seek game around Bloo Bay Beach. The second one known as "Toad Shuffle". Mario finds them, in the first challenge, in the following places:
- Up a palm tree nearby the platform.
- Hidden nearby the tree, in a sandcastle.
- In the Prisma Café, hidden behind the manager of the aforementioned bar.
- Buried up to the neck, just next to the giant clam.
- Inside the giant clam.
After this challenge, they next perform the "Toad Shuffle", where the rules are to track one of the quintuplets who happens to hold the key to the gate of Blissful Beach. Following their manager giving the one with a crease the key and shuffling around, Mario then picks the one he is certain has the key only to come up empty-handed. This event is actually rigged so that Mario always loses, as the Toad who has the key in his hand will suddenly pass it to another Toad, which Mario proves by painting the Toad who has the key, having the manager shuffle the five again, talking to the one that was marked, only for that Toad to give it to the neighboring one.
In return for Mario's silence so that they won't be "scandalized by the media", they surrender the key to Blissful Beach. If Mario and Huey relax on Blissful Beach before proceeding to the yellow Mini Paint Star, the five show up and dance while Mario and Huey rest.
- "Man, it was really hot up there. Makes you really feel the plight of the coconut, you know?"
- "Nice hat, pal! Gotta protect that scalp from the sun!"
- "My eyes are shut tight so I don't get any sand in them! I can't see anything... but I can still sense awkward situations. You found me, didn't you?"
- "I think I got thum thand in my mouth. Pweh pthew!"
- "I got in here to hide, and then the shell closed on me!"
- "Now my hair is all messed up. Maybe no one will notice."
- "Ugh... My hair is totally messed up now."
- "Welco— Oh, you got me. On the plus side, I can make a mean latte now!"
- "I had the sunglasses! I had the mannerisms! I can't believe you found me!"
- "Phew! I'm getting a wicked sunburn. The sun sure is angry today. You know a thing or two about the Angry Sun, don't ya?"
- "I need to find some sunscreen STAT."
- "Aw, come on. Let's play Toad and Go Seek!"
- "Why'd you quit? I was having fun."
- "C'mon, let's play!"
- "Kinda surprised you gave up. I thought you were some sorta hero."
- "You got something against mushroom hunting? We aren't poisonous."
- "Are you paying attention?"
- "Maybe I've got the key."
- "Why, yes—I AM a Toad."
- "Maybe I've got the key, maybe I don't."
- "Don't mess this up, OK?"
- "You think I have the key?"
- "Tough luck, pal! I had the key!"
- "You wanna try Toad Shuffle again?"
- "Let me know if you want to try Toad Shuffle again."
- "Tough luck."
- "You'll get it next time."
- "You were close, no doubt about it."
- "Don't give up, Mario! I still want to play with you!"
- "Don't give up, guy!"
- "Sorry, we were just trying to have a little fun. No hard feelings?"
- "Well done, Mario! Quick thinking, paint bucket...thing."
- "The five of us are really good friends. We never get sick of one another's insufferable personalities and irritating faces."
- "You knew it was me all along, huh? It's usually pretty easy to spot a gem among stones."
- "I'm afraid I overdid it a little with the shuffling. Threw my back out."
- "Apparently there's a copycat group called the Five Shy Guys. What a bunch of hacks."
Names in other languages
Umi Fesu Faibu
|The Sea Fest 5|
|Dutch||Toffe Toads||Cool Toads|
|French (NOE)||Les Cinq Zigotoad||The Five Zigotoads; from "zigoto" (weirdo) and "Toad"|
|Italian||Quintet Toad||Quintet Toads|
|Portuguese (NOE)||Troca-Tintas||Tricksters; also a play on "tinta" (paint)|
|Five fun guys|
|Spanish (NOA)||Los Champis||The Mushes; a clipping form of "champignons" (mushrooms)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Trileros de la Marisma||Marshland Shuffle Guys|
- Despite the fact the group look the same, apart from one Toad that is slightly creased in the corner, they are not related by blood. They, however, claim to be identical quintuplets.
- One of the Toads mentions that Mario knows about the Angry Sun, a reference to Super Mario Bros. 3.