The Spinning-Door is an uncommon door appearing in Paper Mario: Color Splash. It is made up of three vertically aligned panels colored red, blue and yellow, with a large diamond in the middle. It is first seen in Daffodil Peak.
When hit with Mario's hammer, the panels will begin to rotate. Mario can then hit the Spinning-Door three more times to stop each panel; if he matches all three of the same color, the door will be unlocked. If Mario hits a panel that doesn't match with the previous one(s), he will lose one coin, but the panel(s) will keep spinning. Each Spinning-Door leads to a different minigame depending on the color of the door. The minigame rewards include coins, Battle Cards, and hearts. After clearing or failing the minigame, the door cannot be accessible again until Mario collects another Mini Paint Star.
If Mario activates a Spinning-Door he's already opened before, the rotating panels will also show parts of a rainbow door with a question mark on it. If he matches these three panels, he can access a fourth minigame.
- Daffodil Peak: On a high platform to the left of the Unfurled green Warp Pipe.
- Marmalade Valley: Behind a piece of the right wall in the Draggadon excavation site, near the Save Block.
- Fort Cobalt: On some boxes to the right of the Shy Guy army, there is an invisible path leading to the door that must be revealed using the Paint Hammer.
- Lighthouse Island: In the basement of the lighthouse.
- Mustard Café: In the cell on floor B3.
- Sunset Express: On the left side of the train station at the starting point. It is only accessible after the train leaves.
- Redpepper Crater: To the right of the three lava waves on the ground level.
The Spinning-Door in Marmalade Valley.
The Spinning-Door in Fort Cobalt.
The Spinning-Door on Lighthouse Island.
The Spinning-Door in Mustard Café.
The Spinning-Door in Sunset Express.
The Spinning-Door in Redpepper Crater.
Nomes in other languages
|Italian||Porta con dei pannelli rotanti||Door with spinning panels|
- From the Paper Mario: Color Splash music gallery song title, "Spinning-Door Game."