Card Connoisseur Toad
|Card Connoisseur Toad|
|First appearance||Paper Mario: Color Splash (2016)|
- “I've spent long years of my life designing and constructing this place in order to document the history and culture of Prism Island... Welcome, friends, to a little place that I like to call... Prisma Museum!”
- —Card Connoisseur Toad, Paper Mario: Color Splash
The Card Connoisseur Toad is a purple Toad that wears glasses in Paper Mario: Color Splash. He runs the Prisma Museum. He is first encountered near the blue Mini Paint Star in Port Prisma, where he takes Mario's Battle Cards to examine them. After a battle with a Slurp Guy, the Card Connoisseur Toad will give the cards back to Mario and leave.
After receiving a letter from him in the post office, the Card Connoisseur Toad can be found in the Action Command Dojo. He will open up the door to the Prisma Museum, and he will remain in the lobby of the museum for the rest of the game.
While the Card Connoisseur Toad does not return in Paper Mario: The Origami King, his role is succeeded by the similar-looking Kanchō Kinopio. He also has various unused graphics. Additionally, in Paper Mario: Color Splash, he has various recolors that are not used in-game.
- "You there! The strong-looking fellow with the hammer!"
- "You seem as though you've seen a battle or two, which means you must have a Battle Card ...or two. Please forgive the intrusion, but might I take a look at them?"
- "Wait...you don't have ANY Battle Cards? I dare say...that's rather unsettling. Please come back and see me once you've obtained some Battle Cards. Good DAY, sir!"
- "Oh, come now! I just want to look at them, and also touch all of them! Sir, I must insist!"
- "Oh, yes. Exquisite... You, sir, have the finest collection of Battle Cards I've ever laid my stubby fingers on. Bar none!"
- "Oh, incidentally, here are your cards back. Thank you for allowing me to fondle them."
- "I'll take my leave of you now. Thank you for sharing your wondrous Battle Cards with me."
- "Ah, Mr. Mario. How splendid that you had the good sense to entertain my offer. Follow me, please."
- "Come, this way."
- "Oh, ho! Sorry, old sport, but I'm afraid you've made your choice. Please come with me."
- "I've spent long years of my life designing and constructing this place in order to document the history and culture of Prism Island... Welcome, friends, to a little place that I like to call..."
- "Prisma Museum!"
- "Au contraire, my friend! My mission is to make our collection as accessible as possible. Even a common undergraduate art student should be able to appreciate it! There's just one tiny thing. I don't actually HAVE anything to display as of yet. And having seen your collection of Battle Cards, my dear Mario...I feel we would be in rather good hands if you chose to donate..."
- "Splendid. I knew I could count on someone with such fine taste in Battle Cards..."
- "With that, please allow me to give you the grand tour. The three blue doors in front of you are card galleries displaying Battle Cards. From left to right, the blue doors contain Basic Cards, Enemy Cards, and Thing Cards. If you have cards that you can donate to a room, the star above the door will light up. To donate a card, simply enter the room and follow the Toad's instructions."
- "Moving on! The red door to the left leads to the art exhibit. The more cards you donate, the more pieces we'll be able to add to each exhibit! Finally, the green door to the right leads to the sound exhibit. You'll be able to populate it with sounds by completely repainting courses. Ask the guide Toad in each exhibit for more information, or ask me if you'd like to know about the state of the overall collection. I can't thank you enough for your assistance. Take care."
- "Welcome to the Prisma Museum!"
- "Let's check your donations so far... [card statistics] Aside from that, there's also... [record/artwork statistics] Thanks again for your help, old sport."
- "Mario, you've donated every known card in existence. That is simply remarkable. What's more, the very last piece of art has arrived in the gallery. Which means our art collection is finally complete! Keep up the good work, old sport. At this rate, you'll have filled the entire museum singlehandedly."
- "Good heavens, Mario. My records indicate that you have now donated every known card in existence! What's more, the very last piece of art has arrived in the gallery. Which means our art collection is finally complete! And that's not all..."
- "All of the exhibits are full, meaning Prisma Museum is now complete! Thank you, Mario. Please take some time to enjoy the fruits of your labor!"
- "Welcome back to Prisma Museum. Please take some time to enjoy the fruits of your labor."
- "Mario, you've donated no small number of cards! It's enabled us to procure more art for the gallery."
- "My, my, you've been busy with the old paint hammer, haven't you? Well, don't think we haven't noticed. Thanks to your fine efforts, we've been able to procure some records for the sound gallery.
- "I heard you cleared Black Bowser's Castle! Congratulations! The Black Bowser's Castle record has been added to the sound gallery."
- "What's more, you've now completely finished repainting every last course! Simply breathtaking."
- "You cleared Black Bowser's Castle after completely repainting every last course! That means we've been able to add another special record to the sound gallery. And with that, the sound gallery is now complete! Thank you! Keep up the good work. We'll finish this museum yet!"
- "You cleared Black Bowser's Castle after completely repainting every last course! That means we've been able to add another special record to the sound gallery! And with that, the sound gallery is now complete! Thank you! And..."
Names in other languages
|Italian||L'esperto di carte||The cards expert|
|Portuguese||Toad Especialista em Cartas||Card Specialist Toad|