Port Prisma barista
|Port Prisma barista|
|First appearance||Paper Mario: Color Splash (2016)|
The Port Prisma barista is a character in Paper Mario: Color Splash. He is the initial proprietor of the original Prisma Café in Port Prisma, although he desires a new, calmer environment after his run-in with a Slurp Guy, in which he seems to have developed PTSD. This affects his behavior and tone drastically and perhaps permanently, resulting in him wanting to swap places with Barista Toad in Ruddy Road for a more peaceful place of business.
After the bridge in the blue district of Port Prisma has been repaired, Mario may walk up to the café to find a colorless Toad. When his color has been restored, he thanks Mario and offers him a drink before remembering his incident with a Slurp Guy, though he seems to take it much harder than the others. He tries to ban straws before realizing he is being ridiculous, though he mentions he wants a change of scenery as the stress of a busy café has become too much.
At around this time, Mario receives a letter from Barista Toad in Prisma Postal Toad asking him to stop by. As Mario and Huey are speaking to him about his decline in business and lack of customers, the other barista suddenly enters, admiring the lonely appearance of the café, asking Barista Toad to swap places with him. Barista Toad is shocked by this offer, but the other barista insists and rewards Mario with an Ice Flower after officially switching businesses. Barista Toad runs off to his new position, while the other barista remains here, admiring the complimentary sign. Mario may purchase beverages from him after this.
- "Oh, thank you, Mario!"
- "Here, let me offer you a drink. It's the least I can do, seeing as how you saved me."
- "I'll just grab you...a straw..."
- "I'm sorry. I can't stop thinking about that horrible customer who drained all of my color with a straw."
- "From now on, no more straws for anyone! Drink with your mouths, people!"
- "Oh, who am I kidding? I can't outlaw straws. Because then only outlaws will have straws."
- "Maybe I need a break. The café game is too intense here in the city. I need a change of scenery..."
- "I just don't know if I can ever trust anyone with a straw again."
- "Oh, this place is perfect! No people around at all! This is a real sad mess of a café!"
- "Hey, would you be interested in switching cafés with me? You could take my café in Port Prisma."
- "It's always been my dream to be a suffering café owner, just barely scraping by!"
- "Beautiful. Thanks for telling me about this café, Mario."
- "This should cover your finder's fee."
- "The sign being upside down really adds to the dumpy aesthetic. It's perfect."
Names in other languages
|Italian||Barista della Caffetteria Prisma||Prisma Café's Barista|