|First appearance||Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (2004)|
- “Well, hello there, you big, burly hunk of a man, you. You're smashing, dear.”
- —Toodles, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Toodles is a wealthy Toad who lives in Poshley Heights from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. She likes to flaunt her wealth by wearing expensive fur dresses and luxurious jewelry. It is unknown how Toodles amassed her fortune; however, the game indicates that she is a gold digger, using her physical attractiveness to leech off the wealth of men.
Toodles' name might be a pun of "toodles", another way to say goodbye stereotypically associated with posh or wealthy people, especially women.
Mario meets Toodles in the lobby of the Glitz Pit, where she is looking for the current champion to flirt with him, ignoring Mario at first. However, once Mario claims that title for himself, Toodles's flirtatious advances shift towards him.
Mario encounters Toodles again in Cabin 002 of the Excess Express, during his quest for the Garnet Star in Poshley Heights. She decided to return home via the Express after her stay in Glitzville. During the three-day trip, her Gold Ring is stolen by Doopliss (disguised as Zip Toad). The Shadow Sirens plan to use the ring, along with the waitress's Shell Earrings and the Nitro Honey Syrup from the Businessman's briefcase, to bomb the train. This would fulfill the "sticky, yummy doom" Mario was warned of in an effort to prevent him and his partners from reaching the Star. Mario eventually catches the fake Zip Toad, who reluctantly relinquishes the stolen items, including the Gold Ring. When Mario returns the ring to Toodles, she rewards him with thirty coins.
On the third day, Toodles is among the passengers who are absorbed into a hoard of Smorgs that attacks the train. Mario eventually defeats the Smorgs, causing them to blow away in the wind, saving Toodles, who returns home to Poshley Heights safely.
When Bowser and Kammy Koopa visit Poshley Heights during the intermission after Chapter 7, Bowser can optionally talk to Toodles, who expresses her desire to mount his "terribly fine horns" in her foyer to highlight her social status, which Bowser rejects in disgust.
- Glitz Pit
- "That's Toodles the Toad. GOSH, this woman knows how to dress. I'm SO jealous! Even classy ladies like her come to watch the fights. I guess she likes tough guys..."
- Excess Express
- "That's Toodles the Toad. Gosh, that woman is so fashionable it makes me sick! She's obviously the kind of lady that belongs on this train. Classy all the way!"
- Poshley Heights
- "That's Toodles the Toad. Gosh, that woman is so fashionable it makes me sick! She's obviously the kind of lady that belongs around here. Classy all the way!"
Names in other languages
|French||Madame Rose||Adaptation of Japanese name|
|German||Brillan T.||Pun on "brillant"|