|First appearance||Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (2004)|
Blooey, known to his friends as the "White Torpedo", is a feisty Blooper who joins Luigi on his quest to rescue Princess Eclair in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. He is shown to have animosity towards Luigi. Mario first meets them in the plaza in Rogueport, where Luigi details their escapades in Rumblebump Volcano. Although Luigi claims to have successfully thrown Blooey at a monster, killing the golem, he actually tripped and sent Blooey crashing into lava, turning Blooey golden tan.
Blooey returns near the end of the game, even darker colored than before. He appears to have abandoned his grudge against Luigi, but judging from his laughter over Luigi's tale, and the later revelation in the Super Luigi series that Princess Eclair was betrothed to the Chestnut King all along, it would seem that he is simply satisfied with Luigi's misfortune.
- Goombella: "That's Luigi's Blooper friend, Blooey. It's totally weird to find Bloopers on dry land. He seems peeved though... I wonder why he looks all fried to a golden crisp?"
- Blooey: "Hey there, I'm Blooey. ...And this guy is a total liar! Don't listen to him! You heard his story, right? Well, he did TRY to throw me, but he completely tripped! And what happens?! I end up landing in lava! LAVA, man! You think that feels good? Thanks to him, you can stick a fork in me! I'm well-done! My pale skin's crispified! I'll NEVER forgive this guy! I'm gonna make him pay if it takes my whole lifetime! That's the ONLY reason I'm still hanging around with him. YOU'LL PAY, LUIGI!"
- Goombella: "That's Luigi's Blooper friend, Blooey. It's totally weird to find Bloopers on dry land. He seems jolly to be fried to a golden crisp, though... Did something good happen?"
- Blooey: "Hey! You! Remember me? It’s me, Blooey! Maaaan, that last battle was hairy! You have no idea! I was burnt to a crisp, but I was actually kinda relieved, if you can believe that! But if you want the whole story, you should just ask Luigi here! Wahahaha!"
Names in other languages
|Kick; also possibly from an anagram of「クッキー」(kukkī, cookie), referring to his color|
|French||Episseiche||Possibly from the English prefix "epi-" and partial repetition of "seiche" (cuttlefish)|
|Italian||Calamaboh||From "Calamako" (Blooper) and "boh" (an expression meaning "I don't know")|
|Spanish||Sepi||Pun on "sepia" (cuttlefish) and the color "sepia", referring to his color|
- "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door From Japanese to English". (June 1, 2014). The Mushroom Kingdom. Retrieved January 4, 2015.
|Characters||Big Blooper (Super Paper Mario) • Blooey • Electro Blooper • Gooper Blooper • King Calamari • King Gessō • Legendary Blooper • Paper Macho Gooper Blooper • Stone Blooper • Super Blooper|
|Species||Big Blooper • Bloopad • Blooper • Blooper Baby • Blooper Nanny • Blooper Racer • Blooper 10-Stack • Bloopurn • Bubble Blooper • Dried Blooper • Glad Blooper • Mecha-Blooper • Poison Blooper • Takko|