|The Thousand-Year Door enemy|
|Location(s)||Boggly Woods, Glitz Pit, Pit of 100 Trials (Levels 12-14, 17-19)|
|Moves||Slam (2), Shocking Charge (Electric), Thunder Attack (2 to Mario and Partner, Piercing), Fly to Hover (Moves closer to ground, does not count as turn), Hover to Fly (moves higher in the air, does not count as turn)|
|Items||Dizzy Dial, Dried Shroom (drop only), Fright Mask (drop only), Mushroom, Thunder Bolt|
|Coins||1 - 2|
|Log||A thunderhead that attacks with lightning. Don't touch it when it's charged up, or you'll be in for a shock.|
- Not to be confused with Dark Ruff Puff.
The Dark Puff is a cloud enemy related to the Ruff Puff in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. It is shaded gray like most enemies in Boggly Woods, and are often seen alongside Clefts and Pale Piranhas. In the Glitz Pit, a Dark Puff appears as one of the members of Mind-Bogglers.
Though they are statistically rather weak, they have the ability to use a Lightning Charge attack, but it requires charging. A charged-up Dark Puff will hurt Mario if he jumps on it; if Mario is electrified himself, he can jump on said Dark Puff without taking damage.
- Ruff Puff – Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Paper Mario
- Tuff Puff – Paper Mario
- Ice Puff – Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- Poison Puff – Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- Dark Ruff Puff – Super Paper Mario
Names in other languages
|Pun on「黒雲」(kurokumo, dark cloud) and「クモクモーン」(Kumokumōn, Ruff Puff)|
|French||ZzZt Pfff||From "zzzt" (an onomatopoeia for something swooping down) and "pfff" (the sound of a sigh or a breath)|
|German||Stratox||Pun on "stratosphäre" (stratosphere) and "toxisch" (toxic)|
|Italian||Nubescura||Portmanteau of "nube" (cloud) and "scura" (dark)|
|Spanish||Puff Oscuro||Dark Puff|
- The Dark Puff is one of the two "dark" subspecies in the game that, despite their name, are actually the weakest variety of its species, the other being the Dark Wizzerd.