|Paper Mario description||If it works, dazes and paralyzes all enemies briefly.|
|The Thousand-Year Door description||Makes all enemies dizzy, decreasing their accuracy.|
The Dizzy Dial is a very common item from the Paper Mario series. It has a high chance of making all enemies Dizzy and is most effective against flying enemies. Bosses are extremely resistant to it, however. While the Dizzy Dial is sold in a few stores, it has a high drop rate by enemies. It is also mandatory to buy at least one Dizzy Dial in order to gain access to Don Pianta's headquarters.
Tayce T. can create Dizzy Dials by cooking with a Strange Leaf, optionally in combination with the Stinky Herb. This may be a reference to certain plants that can cause psychedelic experiences, or 'dizziness', when ingested.
|Recipe||Result of Cooked Item|
|Strange Leaf||Dizzy Dial|
|Strange Leaf + Volt Shroom|
|Strange Leaf + Stinky Herb|
Paper Mario locations
- On the path to Tubba Blubba's Castle in Gusty Gulch.
- In a hidden block in the area behind Gourmet Guy in Shy Guy's Toy Box.
- In a ? Block in the water hole before Lily's pond in Flower Fields.
- On sale at Harry's Shop (15 coins), Koopa's Shop (10 coins), Shiver Shop (15 coins), and the Storehouse (25 coins) in Bowser's Castle. Mario can also find a Dizzy Dial in the storeroom of Harry's Shop for free.
- Dropped by several enemies such as Gloombas, Paragloombas, Spiked Gloombas, Shy Guys and Jungle Fuzzies. Also has a chance to appear when using a Mystery?.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door locations
- In the water draining area in The Great Tree.
- On sale at Westside Goods in Rogueport.
- Have a chance to be dropped by Paragoombas, Paragloombas, Paratroopas, Dark Paratroopas, Parabuzzies, Swoopulas, Dark Puffs, Ruff Puffs, Ice Puffs, Poison Puffs, Boos, Dark Boos, Bulky Bob-ombs, Bob-ulks, X-Nauts, as well as the Glitzville Lakitus, Spinies, and Shady Paratroopas.
Names in other languages
|French||Assom'Cadran||Pun on cadran assomant (overwhelming dial)|
|German||Schwirrwarr||From schwirr (buzz) and wirrwarr (clutter)|
|Spanish||Disco Mareo||Dizziness Disc|
- Jdaster64 (April 7, 2016). Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Enemy Item/Badge Drop FAQ. GameFAQs. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "Paper Mario: From Japanese to English". (June 17, 2013). The Mushroom Kingdom. Retrieved January 31, 2015.