Sleepy Sheep is an item found in the Paper Mario series. When used, many sheep run across the screen, causing most enemies to fall into a deep slumber, in which they cannot perform any moves until they awaken. Some enemies have a higher resistance to sleep than others - so it is never guaranteed that this item will affect all enemies in a battle. Bosses have a very high resistance to sleep and many other status conditions.
For Koopa Koot's second favor, he asks Mario to get him a Sleepy Sheep so that he can sleep better.
In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, if Zess T. mixes a Point Swap and a Tasty Tonic, a Sleepy Sheep is produced. Also, if a Sleepy Sheep is mixed with a Point Swap, a Tasty Tonic is produced. Mousimilian's trouble reveals that one can buy Sleepy Sheep at Rogueport and sell them at Petalburg to earn two coins per Sleepy Sheep.
In Paper Mario: Sticker Star, there is a hammer sticker called the Baahammer, which is a purple hammer with a Sleepy Sheep symbol on the top. Any undefeated enemies after using the sticker in battle ends up falling asleep, making them lose a turn. While asleep, enemies recover 1 HP every turn.
|Recipe||Result of Cooked Item|
|Red Berry + Strange Leaf||Sleepy Sheep|
|Blue Berry + Strange Leaf|
|Yellow Berry + Strange Leaf|
|Point Swap + Tasty Tonic|
|Point Swap + Sleepy Sheep||Tasty Tonic|
Paper Mario locations
- Found in a ? Block by the descending path from Goomba King's Fortress to Toad Town.
- Found behind a fence before the hill on Pleasant Path
- Found in a ? Block to the right of the Whacka area on Mt. Rugged.
- Found in a ? Block near General Guy's basement in Shy Guy's Toy Box.
- On sale at Shroom Grocery for 10 coins each.
- Dropped by Gloombas, Spiked Gloombas, Shy Guys, and Spear Guys.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door locations
- In the westernmost tree in the second scene of Boggly Woods.
- In the ? Block in the treasure-guarding room in the west of sublevel 2 of the X-Naut Fortress.
- On sale at Toad Bros. Bazaar for 8 coins each and Keelhaul Galleria for 10 coins each.
- Dropped by Goombas, Spiky Goombas, Paragoombas, Koopa Troopas, Bandits, Badge Bandits, Spinias, Spanias, Spunias, Fuzzies, Green Fuzzies, and Flower Fuzzies.
Sleepy Sheep in action in Paper Mario
Names in other languages
Nemure Yoiko yo
|Sleep, Good Child (a reference to "Nemure Yoiko yo Niwa ya Makiba ni", a well-known lullaby in Japan)|
|French||Mouton Dodo||Sleeping Sheep ("dodo" being a childish way of referring to sleep, from "dormir")|
|German||Schäfchen||A diminutive variation of "sheep"|
|Italian||Sonnolina||Portmanteau of "sonnolenza" (sleepiness) and "ovina" (sheep)|
|Spanish||Oveja Sueño||Sleep Sheep|
- Jdaster64 (April 7, 2016). Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Enemy Item/Badge Drop FAQ. GameFAQs. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "Paper Mario: From Japanese to English". (June 17, 2013). The Mushroom Kingdom. Retrieved February 4, 2015.