|Paper Mario description||Makes a scary spirit appear and chase some enemies away.|
|The Thousand-Year Door description||Summons a scary spirit to chase some enemies away.|
A Fright Mask (formerly known as a Fright Jar) is an item in Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. In Paper Mario, it makes a Bowser-like ghost appear and may frighten enemies, but not bosses, into retreating. Enemies defeated this way do not give Star Points.
When used in The Thousand-Year Door, it automatically scares enemies away from the battle stage. It has no effect on bosses. Enemies defeated in this way only leave one Star Point. It resembles Bowser's face with a dark blue hue and yellow eyes. It is fairly common and can be purchased in a few shops.
Paper Mario locations
- In a ? Block in the first part of Pleasant Path
- In a ? Block in the northwesternmost part of Dry Dry Desert
- In a hidden ? Block in the playground of Shy Guy's Toy Box
- In the easternmost tree in the Jade Jungle section with a spinning flower
- On sale at Shroom Grocery for 5 coins each.
- Occasionally dropped by Shy Guy enemies.
Names in other languages
Acchi Ike Shisshi
|Go Away, Shoo|
- "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door From Japanese to English". (June 1, 2014). The Mushroom Kingdom. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- From iQue's localization of Paper Mario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj23Urolr1I (22:04)