A Volt Shroom is an item that appears in the Paper Mario series. In Paper Mario, it is a yellow Mushroom with a slightly lighter yellow lightning bolt beside it. The Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door variant is black with yellow lightning bolts in place of the usual white spots.
In both games, Volt Shrooms electrify Mario for a short time, causing most enemies to take damage when they physically touch him. Volt Shrooms also allow Mario to jump on electrified foes without taking any damage. In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, a Volt Shroom will do nothing if the Feeling Fine Badge is equipped.
In Super Paper Mario, a Volt Shroom again electrifies the player, but instead of damaging enemies, the player can run into enemies and paralyze them without taking any damage. When a Volt Shroom is used, the player has to press , , or as shown on the screen. Each button correctly pressed rises the meter up for a longer effect. Pressing the wrong button drops the meter down a little. The effect can last anywhere from 25 to 40 seconds, depending on how full the meter gets.
Paper Mario recipes
|Recipe||Result of cooked item|
|Goomnut + Mushroom||Volt Shroom (International)|
Life Shroom (Japan)
|Koopa Leaf + Mushroom|
|Strange Leaf + Mushroom|
|Mushroom + Dried Fruit||Volt Shroom|
|Super Shroom + Dried Fruit|
|Ultra Shroom + Dried Fruit|
|Life Shroom + Dried Fruit|
|Volt Shroom||Hot Shroom|
|Volt Shroom + Cake Mix||Electro Pop|
Paper Mario locations
- In the storeroom of Harry's Shop in Toad Town;
- In the hidden block at this spot in the Ultra Boots area of Toad Town Tunnels;
- In a ? Block in the lower-right corner of the open area in front of Boo's Mansion;
- In the hidden block at this spot in the Big Lantern Ghost area of Shy Guy's Toy Box;
- In the hidden block at this spot in the deeper area of Jade Jungle;
- On sale at Harry's Shop (10 coins) and Koopa's Shop (15 coins);
- Dropped by Jungle Fuzzies and Swoopulas.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door locations
- Bought in Westside Goods for 10 coins each;
- Found in the right corner of the fenced area with the pipe to Flurrie's House in Boggly Woods;
- Found in a rock one screen to the right of Mario's landing area on the Moon;
- Dropped by Gloombas, Shady Koopas, Lakitus, and Dark Lakitus.
Names in other languages
|French||Voltpignon||Portmanteau of "volt" and champignon, which means mushroom|
|Italian||Fungo Volta||Volt Mushroom|
|Spanish||Champiñón Voltáico||Volt Mushroom|
|Spanish (NOE)||Seta Eléct. (Paper Mario)
Seta Eléctrica (Thousand-Year Door)
|Electrical Mushroom ("Eléct." is an abbreviation of "eléctrica" [electrical])|
- Floogal (December 23, 2006). Paper Mario Stat/Attack Guide. GameFAQs. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- Jdaster64 (April 7, 2016). Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Enemy Item/Badge Drop FAQ. GameFAQs. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "Paper Mario: From Japanese to English". (June 17, 2013). The Mushroom Kingdom. Retrieved February 4, 2015.
- "Paper Mario | Walkthrough Español |Part 12".
- "Paper Mario y la Puerta Milenaria | Español |Part 31"