|Paper Mario description||An ultra-fine Mushroom. Restores 50 HP.|
|The Thousand-Year Door description||A feel-great mushroom. Replenishes 50 HP.|
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
In Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Ultra Mushrooms are known as Max Mushrooms, have yellow caps, and completely refill one party member's HP when used.
Paper Mario series
In the first Paper Mario, Ultra Shrooms are never sold by shops, but instead found rarely throughout the Mushroom Kingdom in Dry Dry Desert, Shiver City, Shiver Mountain, Bowser's Castle and outside of Peach's Castle. They are also left by gold Li'l Oinks in international versions of the game.
In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, very few places sell Ultra Shrooms; however, they may be purchased for 200 Coins each at the Deepdown Depot, the shop in Rogueport Sewers, and they can also be found in the Pianta Parlor for 67 pianta tokens. Charlieton occasionally sells Ultra Shrooms for 120 coins.
In Super Paper Mario, Ultra Shrooms are found hidden within ? Blocks. Due to their high HP recovery, they are generally found before boss battles during the later chapters of the game. They heal 50 HP on contact with the player, and their carry-on equivalent is the Ultra Shroom Shake.
Mario & Luigi series
In the Mario & Luigi series, Ultra Mushrooms refill 120 HP in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, 80 HP in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, and 100 HP in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey.
|Recipe||Result of Cooked Item||Game that Recipe is in|
|Ultra Shroom||Shroom Steak||Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door|
|Jammin' Jelly + Ultra Shroom||Jelly Ultra|
|Maple Syrup + Ultra Shroom||Maple Ultra|
|Life Shroom + Ultra Shroom||Shroom Steak|
|Honey Syrup + Ultra Shroom||Honey Ultra|
|Koopa Leaf + Ultra Shroom||Life Shroom||Paper Mario|
|Goomnut + Ultra Shroom|
|Dried Shroom + Ultra Shroom||Shroom Steak|
|Mushroom + Ultra Shroom|
|Super Shroom + Ultra Shroom|
|Iced Potato + Ultra Shroom||Yummy Meal|
|Egg + Ultra Shroom|
|Fire Flower + Ultra Shroom|
|Dried Pasta + Ultra Shroom|
|Mystic Egg + Ultra Shroom||Omelette Meal||Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door|
|Dried Bouquet + Ultra Shroom||Space Food|
|Point Swap + Ultra Shroom||Jammin' Jelly|
|Thunder Rage + Ultra Shroom||Volt Shroom|
|Thunder Bolt + Ultra Shroom|
|Peachy Peach + Ultra Shroom||Zess Special (International)|
Zess Dinner (Japanese)
|Fresh Pasta + Ultra Shroom||Zess Deluxe (International)|
Zess Special (Japanese)
Paper Mario locations
- In the ? block that appears after hitting the block at C1 of Dry Dry Desert one hundred times.
- In the Toad House of Shiver City, after Mario opens the passage to Shiver Mountain and returns to sleep.
- In a hidden block above the brick in the first scene of Shiver Mountain.
- At the end of the northwestern road from the second main area of Bowser's Castle.
- In a hidden block in the symmetrical position with regard to the Save Block outside Peach's Castle.
- In non-Japanese versions of the game, dropped by gold Li'l Oinks.
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door locations
- Purchased in Deepdown Depot for 200 coins.
- Purchased from Charlieton for 120 coins.
- Reward for completing Plenn T.'s trouble.
- In a small chest in The Great Tree.
- Reward for guessing 200 on the box full of Boos in Creepy Steeple.
- Given as a shopping prize (200 points).
Names in other languages
Champignon ++ (Super Mario RPG)
Fungo maxi (Super Mario RPG)
|Spanish||Ultra Champiñón||Ultra Mushroom|
|Spanish (NOE)||Ultra Seta (Paper Mario and Thousand-Year Door)||Ultra Mushroom|
- In the Japanese version of Paper Mario, Gold Li'l Oinks drop Jelly Shrooms instead of Ultra Shrooms, making the latter a lot rarer.
- In the Japanese version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, cooking a Point Swap with a Poison Shroom will make an Ultra Shroom instead of a Mushroom.