- This article is about the character in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. For the enemy from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, see Drillbit Crab. For the item from Super Mario Galaxy 2, see Spin Drill.
- “Don't get so worked up! Think of your blood pressure!”
- —Drill Bit, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Drill Bit is a minor character built by the Smithy Gang in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. It is related to Jabits, and is a red recolor of them. It is mentioned late in the game by one of the Manager's Pounders as a new creation scheduled to be finished on time. Its role in the game is acting as one of Smithy's three advisors that appear at the end of his initial fight (alongside an Aero and a Shymore), urging Smithy not to angrily shake the floor for his own sake.
Drill Bit is mentioned as a boss enemy in the Shogakukan and Nintendo Power guides, with the former placing it between the fake Speardovich and second Belome and the latter specifying it in World 5. It is likely that it had a connection with Speardovich, as the later Machine Made Speardovich can use a move called Multiplier! in which it splits into four grey Machine Made Drill Bits rather than create a doppelgänger. This is supported by the fact that Drill Bit exists in the game data as a single enemy or a group between the monster values of the Sea area and Land's End, and even says "This is for Yaridovich!" if Mallow uses Thought Peek in a hacked battle.
|Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars enemy|
|Machine Made (Drill Bit)|
|Attack||130||Magic attack||31||Location(s)||Gate||Bonus Flower||None|
|Evade||0%||Magic evade||0%||Strong||None||Morph rate||100%|
|Coins||0||Exp. points||0||Spells||None||Sp. attacks||Skewer|
|Psychopath||"Look out, LOSERS!"|
Names in other languages
|Variation of「ツッツクン」(Tsuttsukun, Jabit)|
|French||Perçouille||From "percer" (to drill) with the colloquial noun suffix "-ouille"|
Jabit (Machine Made)
- Super Mario RPG Final Edition, page 100.
- Pelland, Scott, and Kent Miller. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Player's Guide. Page 113.