|Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars move|
|Effect||Reveals enemy stats|
Thought Peek, originally known as Psychopath, is a special technique that Mallow learns in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and its Nintendo Switch remake. The skill allows Mallow to view an enemy's current HP level. If the player can push right before the two lights converge on the enemy, Mallow will also be able to read the enemy's mind, revealing an amusing (and usually nonsensical) quote. Occasionally, this mind probe reveals a weakness or even more rarely a revelation of further plot points or a point of character development for the enemy in question.
Mallow learns Thought Peek when he reaches Level 6 in the original; he starts with it in the remake. This ability uses one Flower Point (FP). This technique has no Magic Power rating, since it does not actually damage the enemy or heal the party. Thought Peek can be thought of as the predecessor of the Tattle ability from the Paper Mario series, which reveals HP and actual tips. In the remake, the enemy's elemental and status weaknesses are shown in addition to their current HP. Any enemy thoughts and weaknesses obtained from Thought Peek are recorded in the Monster List.
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
- Menu description: See foe's HP and...secrets!
Super Mario RPG (Nintendo Switch)
- Battle menu description: See foe's remaining HP. Press for secrets!
Names in other languages
Nani Kangaeteru no
Nǐ zài xiǎng shénme ne
- Japanese Super Mario RPG (Switch) website
- @NintendoFrance (September 28, 2023). Twitter. Retrieved September 28, 2023.
- @NintendoDE (September 28, 2023). Twitter. Retrieved September 28, 2023.
- @NintendoItalia (September 28, 2023). Twitter. Retrieved September 28, 2023.
- @NintendoES (September 28, 2023). Twitter. Retrieved September 28, 2023.