The temple honors the monster Belome, and has been buried in the vast caverns underneath the desert of Land's End due to the shifting sands over many ages, making it hard to find. Shamans inhabit the temple and will offer their service to anyone who has entered it for a price. One of them offers Mario a shortcut back to the desert for 100 coins, while another one requires 50 coins to let him get his fortune told by hitting three statue-heads of Belome in a certain order. The fortune and price the player gets is determined by the order in which the heads were hit.
|Left - Middle - Right||"If you proceed through the pipe next door...
Looks like you'll have a great meal sometime in the future."
|Mushroom (full HP-recovery) or Yoshi Cookie|
|Left - Right - Middle||"If you proceed through the pipe next door...
Some tasty snacks are awating you in the future."
|Middle - Left - Right||"If you proceed through the pipe next door...
You'll have many friends in the future."
|Middle - Right - Left||"If you proceed through the pipe next door...
You'll have plenty of good things to look forward to."
|3 Chows or 1 Beezo|
|Right - Left - Middle||"If you proceed through the pipe next door...
You'll find some rare items."
|1 Frog Coin or 100 coins|
|Right - Middle - Left||"If you proceed through the pipe next door...
You'll pick up great items."
There is also a large treasure room in the temple which is guarded by a large, golden and possibly sentient statue of Belome. It will only vanish once the player gives it the Temple Key found in Monstro Town. The elevator in the temple seems to be enchanted and will either bring a traveler to the treasure room or will bring them to Belome himself, dependent on the fortune they receive before the elevator is used. If it reads "Sorry, I'm not accepting visitors past my bedtime.", the player will be sent to the treasure room. If it reads "Mmm, I'm so hungry! Wish I had something to eat!", the player will be taken to Belome. There is a pipe that is the only entrance to Monstro Town at the end of the temple. Lastly, the mysterious "Gassox" also wanders around the temple.
- Belome (boss)
- Shogun (only if Chows are "won" from a fortune)
- Fink Flower (only if Chows are "won" from a fortune)
- Octovader (only if Chows are "won" from a fortune)
- Beezo (only if it is "won" from a fortune)
- Ribbite (only if a Beezo is "won" from a fortune)
Names in other languages
|French||Temple de Langloute||Belome's Temple|
|Italian||Tempio di Slingordo||Belome's Temple|
|Spanish||Templo de Canvoraz||Belome's Temple|
- Pelland, Scott, and Kent Miller. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Player's Guide. Page 76. "Eons of drifting sand have covered this once-great temple, but legends of its splendors have lived on in the hearts of men. Many a bold explorer has been lost forever trying to find the secret entrance. Now, Mario has succeeded where the others have failed!"