List of Yoshi's New Island pre-release and unused content
From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
This is a list of pre-release and unused content for the game Yoshi's New Island.
Nintendo Direct announcement (04/17/2013)
- Coins and Red Coins were slightly bigger and had a different design.
- A level with yellow grass and red tulips nearly identical to Make Eggs, Throw Eggs from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was intended to be in the game.
- Egg Blocks were plain square, and were less looking 3D.
- Yellow Crazee Dayzees were intended to appear, but due to a textural glitch, they did not appear in the final game.
- Spinners were intended to be controlled by a row of Boo Guys.
E3 2013 trailer and demo
- The logo for the game and title screen were simpler.
- The Yoshis could swallow a Mega Guy by hitting it with their tongue once, like a normal enemy.
- The 1-Up meter that appeared when the Yoshi obtained a Mega Eggdozer was different. The game also used a different font.
- Gusty Glory was supposed to be World 1-2, but it was World 2-6 in the final game. Its background showed a forest instead of pine tree hills. It had a different design as well. The differing level number was likely for demo purposes.
- World 1-3 was originally a castle-like cave where Count Fang was fought. The music used for this level was a remix of the main theme that, in the final version, was reworked and used for some specific rooms in Bowser's Castle Break-In. In the final game, Count Fang is fought in World 2-8 and the cave became a section in Lantern Ghost Grotto. It was likely numbered 1-3 for demo purposes only.
- There are approximately 218 test stages, some with unused elements such as green tulips that change color instead of disappear when used.
- There are several early cutscenes.
- There is a low-poly, lit up copy of the adult Mario model.
- The Cactus Jack enemy from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island has a model with animations but no programming.
- "mamesan_anger" is an angry, red version of Mame-san with no animations.