- This article is about a yellow variant of Yoshi's Egg after it recoils once off walls, from the Yoshi's Island series of games. For generic instances of yellow Yoshi Eggs, see Yoshi's Egg.
|First appearance||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Yoshi's Crafted World (2019)|
A Yellow Egg (also formatted as yellow egg) is a type of Yoshi's Egg found in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (and its reissue), Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi's New Island, and Yoshi's Crafted World. Yellow Eggs are used as throwable objects. When a Yellow Egg hits an enemy, it drops one coin. Yellow Eggs can be acquired if a Yoshi throws a Green Egg that recoils once from the wall, then catches it; if the Yellow Egg recoils once more, it turns red. Yellow Eggs can also be obtained from yellow-spotted Egg Blocks, though unlike with a green-spotted Egg Block, a Yoshi gets only one egg.
Names in other languages
Kiiro no Tamago
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island English instruction booklet, pg. 13
- Yoshi's Island DS instruction booklet, pg. 16
- Nintendo (October 10, 2014). "Time for a Yoshi pop quiz! #NintendoTrivia" (image). Facebook.
- Super Mario: Yossy Island Japanese instruction booklet, pg. 12