The liquid lift is a water spirit wearing a Flatbed Ferry on its head that appears in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and its reissue, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3. It appears in only one room of Salvo The Slime's Castle, where it is seen moving fluidly in a constant loop. By jumping on its head, a Yoshi can reach high areas when it stretches there. A similar creature known as a Support Ghost appears later in Sluggy The Unshaven's Fort, and it is a Blargg ghost that moves in a set obstacle course in a wide room. Its eyes use the same graphics as Salvo's.
The liquid lift lifting Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi away in Super Mario-kun
The liquid lift appears in Super Mario-kun when a Spray Fish is defeated, and lifts Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi.
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
- Shogakukan guide: 頭に足場を載せた水のおばけ。ビヨーンとのびて、高いところへ運んでくれる。 (A water ghost with a platform on its head. It stretches out and carries you to high places.)
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
- Shogakukan guide: 頭に足場を載せた水のおばけ。ビヨーンとのびて高い所へ運んでくれる。ふれてもダメージは受けないので、安心して運んでもらおう。 (A water ghost with a platform on its head. It carries you to high places. You can have it carry you without worry, as you will not be damaged if you touch it.)
Names in other languages
|Roger Lift;「ロジャー」is possibly a corruption of「ウォーター」(wōtā, water)
- ^ Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Player's Guide. Page 34.
- ^ a b 「スーパーマリオヨッシーアイランド任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario: Yossy Island Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 6.
- ^ a b 「スーパーマリオアドバンス3任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario Advance 3 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 24.