Six Relay Heihō and a bomb from Yoshi's New Island
|First appearance||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Yoshi's New Island (2014)|
|Variant of||Boo Guy|
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
In Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, they are found stationed in long rows within the ceilings of certain castles. They relay a single purple bomb, dropping it when a Yoshi approaches them. The Yoshi can perform a Ground Pound to startle them, forcing the bomb out of their grip. If they miss, the one who held the bomb will hang its head with an ashamed expression, the one who was supposed to receive it will rapidly look to both sides, and the others will shake their heads. If none of them were holding the bomb while the Ground Pound is being performed, the entire row will shake their heads. They will start over a few moments later. Due to their position, they cannot be defeated.
Yoshi's New Island
In Yoshi's New Island, Relay Heihō act the same, though they no longer change expression when the Yoshi ground pounds; the game has unused textures for those expressions in its data. They appear in King Clawdaddy's Sewer Castle.
Yoshi's Island series
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
- Shogakukan guide (shared with Boo Guy):
食べてからはき 出せば、コロコ口 転がって 敵をまとめて 倒せる。 天井に 並んでバケツリレーのように 爆弾を 運び、 投下するものもいる。 (If spat after eating, it will roll around and take down enemies en masse. Some line up in the ceiling like a bucket relay to transfer a bomb, and drop it.)
Yoshi's New Island
- Shogakukan guide: 数体まとまって天井に潜み、下を通過するヨッシーに爆弾を投げ降ろす。攻擊することも倒すこともできないので、敵というよりはしかけに近い。 (Several of them lurk in the ceiling and throw bombs down on Yoshi as he passes below. Since they cannot be attacked or defeated, they are more like a trap than enemies.)
Names in other languages
|Yūrei Shy Guy; same as Boo Guy (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)|
Relay Shy Guy (Yoshi's New Island)
- Miller, Kent, and Terry Munson. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Player's Guide. Page 50. "FAKE FLOWER: Dizzy Dandy tries to pretend he's a flower, I but any Yoshi can tell that he hasn't shaved in a week and, besides, he doesn't wear the req- I uisite sunny smile. Dizzy will try to dive-bomb Yoshi, who should jump and hover overhead while Dizzy wanders off in a daze. Don't over- look the good flower that's nearby, though. The bomb-throwing Shy-Guys in the attic pre- sent a bigger danger. Watch out for them at all times."
- Image showcasing the unused Boo Guy facial expressions.
- 「スーパーマリオアドバンス3任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario Advance 3 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 23.
- 「ヨッシー New アイランド 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's New Island Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 26.