- This article is about the recurring object originally from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. For the object that commonly appears in Super Mario Bros. 2, see jar. For the enemy from Virtual Boy Wario Land, see Vase (enemy). For the warp vase from Yoshi's Story, see Vase (Yoshi's Story).
Vases, also called pots or flower pots, are decorative objects in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. They are about Yoshi's size, and they are often found in castles and reveal contents (usually a key) upon breaking after the player pushes them down. One of these vases is even "powered up" by Kamek, forming Roger the Potted Ghost. Vases also appear on Incoming Chomps' platforms in Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island, though they are not there in the original game.
Names in other languages
- Black, Fletcher. Yoshi's Island DS PRIMA Official Game Guide. Pages 155, 192, 197.
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Nintendo Player's Guide. Page 51.
- Williams, Drew. The Yoshi's Island DS Player's Guide. Page 66.
- Williams, Drew. The Yoshi's Island DS Player's Guide. Pages 66, 78, 103.