- Not to be confused with magical ball.
Beach Balls, or simply Balls, are objects found in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. In this game, Bears are always found riding atop these balls, rolling them slowly. However, even when Mario stomps on a Bear and defeats it, the ball continues to bounce and roll at the same speed, changing orientation when bumping into a wall. The ball can carry Mario like a moving platform; in the level Mario the Circus Star!, Beach Balls can be used to pass wide spiky surfaces. Ganchans, found in the game's predecessor, Super Mario Land, carry Mario in much the same way Beach Balls do.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||タマ / 玉
|Italian||Pallone da spiaggia||Beach ball|
- Nintendo Magazine System (AU) Issue #5. Page 56.
- "Knock the Bear off its Ball and ride over the spikes." - Nintendo Power Volume 43. Page 48.
- Super Mario-kun volume 7, page 116.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins section, page 75.
- Shogakukan. 1994.「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 105.
- Club Nintendo (Italy) Numero 1 - 1993. Page 22.