From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
Graphic of a Ghost Stream from Yoshi's Story
|First appearance||Yoshi's Story (1997)|
- “Ghosts are scary, they fly and drift, but these nice folks will give you a lift.”
- —Message Block in Torrential Maze, Yoshi's Story
Ghost Streams, also described as Ghost Riders, are wispy entities that appear in Yoshi's Story. They are long and slender and lack any bodily features. In-game, they come out of certain holes in the walls of Torrential Maze and quickly attach themselves to another hole, forming a platform with their bodies that Yoshis can climb. After a few seconds, Ghost Streams enter the hole they connected to, and they reappear shortly after. They are harmless creatures and will squish if a Yoshi steps on them.
- Nintendo 64 Spieleberater: Was das ist, weiß ich auch nicht. Aber man kann tierisch gut drauf rumlaufen... (I don't know what that is either. But you can walk around on it very well...)
Names in other languages
|Japanese||ドカンオバケ / 土管お化け
|Pipe Ghost; alternate spelling shared with Caged Ghost|
- When Ghost Streams appear, they emit a laugh normally characteristic of Boos.
- ^ Leung, Jason, Terry Munson, and Scott Pelland. Yoshi's Story Player's Guide. Page 11.
- ^ Leung, Jason, Terry Munson, and Scott Pelland. Yoshi's Story Player's Guide. Page 52. The header reads Ghost Riders in the Air, and attached is an image of a few Ghost Streams.
- ^ a b Nintendo 64 Yoshi's Story Spieleberater, page 19.
- ^ 「任天堂公式ガイドブック ヨッシーストーリー」 (Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook – Yoshi's Story), page 46.
- ^ Kazuki, Motoyama. Kodansha vol. 41 - Super Mario 64: Yoshi's Story part 1. Page 6.