A bumblebee's artwork from Yoshi's Story
|First appearance||Yoshi's Story (1997)|
A bumblebee, or bee, is an enemy that appears in Yoshi's Story. Bumblebees appear in Cloud Cruising, where they appear in two places. They first appear as the gimmick of the Red Pipe next to Miss Warp 2, where the player must dodge them while sniffing for coins; they are endless here, so defeating them will cause more to spawn. Bumblebees then appear in the area where a Yoshi rides the green dragon. In both instances, they can be defeated by being jumped on or eaten.
Profiles and statistics
- Shogakukan guide: 「大群でやってくるのが困りもの。うるさい、うるさい。」  (Troublesome enemies that come in hordes. They are noisy, noisy.)
- Nintendo 64 Spieleberater: Diese Mistdinger tauchen meist in Schwärmen auf, das nervt ziemlich.  (These jerks usually show up in swarms, it's pretty annoying.)
Names in other languages
|Onomatopoeia for bee's buzzing noise; incidentally shared with Boom Boom and Bunbun|
- Prima Bath. Nintendo 64 Game Secrets, 1999 Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 106. "Use the bumblebees to replenish Yoshi’s egg supply, and shoot down the last of the Question Mark Balloons to reveal the last four melons on this level."
- Leung, Jason, Terry Munson, and Scott Pelland. Yoshi's Story Player's Guide. Page 58. "You can use your tongue to eat the buzzing bees, or use an egg to knock them down, but keep out of their way or they’ll sting you."
- 「ヨッシーストーリー 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's Story Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 6.
- Nintendo 64 Yoshi's Story Spieleberater, page 19.