Artwork of a Sea Anemone from Yoshi's Story
|First appearance||Yoshi's Story (1997)|
Sea Anemones, also described as giant octopuses, are sea creatures with long stinging tentacles that appear in Yoshi's Story. They are found only in the level Lots O'Fish. Sea Anemones are invincible and cannot be defeated. They act as stationary obstacles, moving their tentacles back and forth in an attempt to snare prey. Some Sea Anemones have the ability to move their arms in and out. They normally guard melons and coins, the former of which a Yoshi must grab with his tongue to avoid the tentacles.
Profiles and statistics
- Website description: "Hiding luscious melons under stinging tentacles, The sea anemones are submarine sentinels." 
- Shogakukan guide: 大物は、デンとかまえて触手をゆらゆら。
The big one is holding its tentacles in its den and waving them around.
A large Sea Anemone guarding some coins
Names in other languages
|Pun on「イソギンチャク」(isoginchaku, sea anemone) and possibly「赤ずきんちゃん」(Akazukin-chan, Little Red Riding Hood)|
- Yoshi's Story official website (Wayback Archive). Retrieved December 20, 2015.
- Prima Bath. Ultimate Nintendo 64 Pocket Power Guide, 1999 Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 90. "Swimming on to the right, past the giant octopus, a blue pipe takes Yoshi to a mini melon game."
- Official Yoshi's Story website (accessed via Wayback Machine)
- 「ヨッシーストーリー 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's Story Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 7.
- Club Nintendo TIPS section