Big & Little Boo
|Big & Little Boo|
A Big & Little Boo
|First appearance||Yoshi's Story (1997)|
- “Big or small, a ghostly Boo, will move the opposite direction as you. The Control Stick moves up, down, and all around. Plan your moves with great care.”
- —Message Block in the Jelly Pipe, Yoshi's Story
A Big & Little Boo, also called a Boo Cluster or a Boo family, is a variant of Boo that appears in Yoshi's Story. Unlike other Boos that have red mouths, Big & Little Boos have blue mouths. They consist of one regular-sized Boo followed by Little Boos. Big & Little Boos mirror a Yoshi's movements, approaching it when the Yoshi comes towards them. They can be defeated by being tricked into looking away, allowing the Yoshi to throw eggs at the Little Boos in the same manner. Each group holds a melon. If the melon is collected, the Boos will not respawn if moved offscreen far enough. Big & Little Boos appear only in the Jelly Pipe.
Profiles and statistics
- Nintendo 64 Spieleberater: Von antiautoritärer Erziehung haben die nie was gehört - die kleinen Buus machen, was Mama sagt! (They have never heard of anti-authoritarian education—the little Boos do what Mama says!)
Names in other languages
|Parent and Child Boo|
|German||Big & Little Buu||Big & Little Boo|
- Similar groups consisting of one Big Boo and a train of three smaller Boo Buddies previously appeared in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. However, they do not mirror the Yoshi's movements, instead acting like normal Boo Buddies in a single-file line.
- Leung, Jason, Terry Munson, and Scott Pelland. Yoshi's Story Player's Guide. Page 10.
- "Boo Clusters: These clusters of ghosts, found in Course 3-3, are comprised of one big Boo and four smaller ones—and a melon! If you can manage to snag the melon while they mimic your movements, they’ll end up disappearing." – Prima Bath. Nintendo 64 Game Secrets, 1999 Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 110.
- "Boo Clusters: These clusters of ghosts, found in Course 3-3, are comprised of one big Boo and four smaller ones—and a melon! If you can manage to snag the melon while they mimic your movements, they’ll end up disappearing." – Prima Bath. Ultimate Nintendo 64 Pocket Power Guide, 1999 Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 79.
- Yoshi's Story Player's Guide, page 48: "Boos mirror every controller movement. Up is down and left is right to a Boo. There's an easy way to avoid them and to reach the melon J carried along in the center of the Boo family."
- Nintendo 64 Yoshi's Story Spieleberater, page 19.
- 「ヨッシーストーリー 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's Story Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 45.