Frog (Yoshi's Story)
|First appearance||Yoshi's Story (1997)|
A frog is an enemy in Yoshi's Story. Frogs are found in Neuron Jungle, and they swarm any Yoshi crossing the lagoon. They may randomly spawn on the ground or in the water, with tiny ones doing so exclusively in the latter. Certain normal-sized ones wait in fixed locations on land, hopping after Yoshis when they catch sight of them. Although any Yoshi can eat them, the Green Yoshi likes them best.
Profiles and statistics
- Shogakukan guide: 水辺をぴょんぴょん。ちびゲーコだって、一人前。(Hops along the water's edge. Even the little frogs are full-fledged people.)
Names in other languages
|From「ゲコゲコ」(gekogeko, onomatopoeia for a frog's croak) with an elongated「ゲ」; shared with the frogs in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon|
|German||Börki||Diminutive of the onomatopoeic term "börk" (frog's croak); shared with Frog Pirate|
- Leung, Jason, Terry Munson, and Scott Pelland. Yoshi's Story Player's Guide. Pages 10, 90, 91.
- Prima Bath. Nintendo 64 Game Secrets, 1999 Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 111.
- 「ヨッシーストーリー 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's Story Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 6.
- Nintendo 64 Yoshi's Story Spieleberater, page 18.