- This article is about one of Yoshi's abilities. For Kirby's standard special move in the Super Smash Bros. series, see Kirby § Inhale.
Swallowing is one of Yoshi's most common moves. In Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, after catching an enemy with his tongue and swallowing, Yoshi can turn it into an egg. He can also spit an enemy back out, and it defeats another enemy upon contact. In the Super Smash Bros. series, this move is called Egg Lay.
Swallowing is also used to eat fruit in Super Mario Sunshine to refuel a Yoshi's stomach. Yoshi also eats fruit in other games, such as Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. In Super Mario World, when a Baby Yoshi eats five berries, it becomes a big Yoshi, whereas in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, eating five fruits causes Yoshi to produce a power-up.
Super Mario Game Picture Book 3: Mario and Yoshi
Names in other languages
Ingoia la frutta o i nemici
Inghiottire i nemici
Mangiare i nemici
Swallow the fruits or the enemies
Swallow the enemies
Eat the enemies
- Super Mario World Italian manual, pag. 17
- Super Mario Sunshine Italian manual, pag. 25
- Yoshi's Universal Gravitation European manual, pag. 108
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii Italian manual, pag. 24
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 Italian manual, pag. 22
- Super Mario Bros. Wonder Italian in-game comands guide
- Super Mario 64 DS European manual, pag. 95
- Yoshi's New Island Italian e-manual, pag. 6
- Yoshi's Island DS European manual, pag. 59
- New Super Mario Bros. U Italian e-manual, pag. 19
- Yoshi's Woolly World and Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World Italian e-manuals, pag. 10