A Torpedo Base model from New Super Mario Bros. U
|First appearance||Super Mario World (1990)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario 3D All-Stars (2020)|
|Variant of||Bill Blaster|
Super Mario series
Super Mario World
Torpedo Bases first appear in Super Mario World in only one level, Soda Lake, where they fire Torpedo Teds that are invincible to all available forms of attack, making the level tricky to traverse. The gloves that dispense the Torpedo Teds have four fingers.
Super Mario Galaxy
Different launchers, similar to Torpedo Bases (generically referred to as torpedo tubes by Prima Games) also appear in Super Mario Galaxy, where they sport a different design. They are most often found in the water, and now can be destroyed by leading a Torpedo Ted right back at them.
New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Torpedo Bases, as well as the Torpedo Teds, return in the Wii U game, New Super Mario Bros. U. They behave and look almost exactly as they do in Super Mario World, with the gloves now having five fingers, and appear in Larry's Torpedo Castle; they are once again invincible. Targeting Teds and red Torpedo Bases debut in The Mighty Cannonship level, being both obstacles and weapons that appear in the fight with Bowser Jr. While Torpedo Teds reappear in New Super Luigi U, black Torpedo Bases do not.
Super Princess Peach
Torpedo Bases return alongside the Torpedo Teds in the game Super Princess Peach, where they are invincible.
Mario Party 10
Super Mario World artwork
|New Super Mario Bros. U||content/Common/actor/torpedo.szs/torpedo.bfres/Models/torpedobase
|torpedobase||Torpedo (Ted) Base|
Names in other languages
|Italian||Scatola Teschio (Super Mario World)
Cannone Ted (New Super Mario Bros. U)
- "The warp pipe is encased in a steel-and-glass cage. Fortunately, there is a Bullet Bill torpedo tube nearby." Black, Fletcher. Super Mario Galaxy PRIMA Official Game Guide, page 157.
- "A massive weight hangs from the tower’s bottom. This holds the tower in place. Mario must somehow remove the weight. There is a torpedo tube in the side of the sea bowl. Swim over to it to catch the eyes of a Bullet Bill as it blasts into the water. Then, swim toward the weight with the Bullet Bill in tow. Quickly paddle to the weight’s other side so the Bullet Bill crashes into it. The explosion drops the weight, allowing several floating devices to rise. Now Mario can climb to the tower’s top." Black, Fletcher. Super Mario Galaxy PRIMA Official Game Guide, page 158.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario World section, page 61.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, New Super Mario Bros. U section, page 216.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pag. 61
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pagg. 210-216
|Bullet Bills and Bill Blasters|
|Bullet Bills||Backwards Bill • Banzai Bill • Big Bullet Bill • Blazer • Bombshell Bill • Bouncing Bullet Bill • Bull's-Eye Banzai • Bull's-Eye Bill • Bullet Biff • Bullet Bill • Bullet Bill Patch • Cat Banzai Bill • Cat Bullet Bill • G. Torpedo Ted • Gold Banzai Bill • Gold Bullet Bill • Join Killer • Killer Ball • Killer Jr. Ball • King Bill • Mad Banzai Bill • Mad Bullet Bill • Magnum • Missile Meg • Seeker Bullet Bill • Sniper Bill • Tail Bullet Bill • Targeting Ted • Torpedo Ted • Woollet Bill|
|Bill Blasters||Air Cannon • B. Bill Blaster • Banzai Bill Cannon • Big Blaster • Bill Blaster • Bill Blaster Turret • Blaster • Bull's-Eye Blaster • Chomp box • Sergeant Guy Cannon • Sergeant Guy Cannon X • Torpedo Base • Torpedo Base (Targeting Ted)|
|Related vehicles||Bullet Bike • Bullet Blaster (Gold, Silver) • Bull's-Eye Banzai • Road Jetter • The Bullet Bill Express|
|Related items||Bullet Bill Mask • Bullet Bill Orb • Bullet Candy|