Poison fog, also known as ash, is an obstacle first found in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, normally seen as an enormous red-and-black cloud. It normally moves to the right very slowly. It is likely based on volcanic ash.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Luigi U
Super Mario 3D World / Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Poison fog appears in Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, where instead of moving right, it moves down. It also appears to generate electricity in this game. Like in past appearances, it will make the player lose a life if they touch it, regardless of whether or not they have a power-up. It appears only in Trick Trap Tower, where once it reaches the bottom, it sinks into the lava, causing it to rise. It appears when the Key Coin at the top of the tower is collected.
Names in other languages
|French||Gaz toxique||Toxic gaz|
|Italian||Nube tossica||Toxic Cloud|
- Musa, Alexander, and Geson Hatchett. Super Mario 3D World PRIMA Official Game Guide. Page 167.
- Stratton, Steve. New Super Mario Bros. U PRIMA Official Game Guide. Pages 192 and 193.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, New Super Mario Bros. Wii section. Page 150.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, New Super Mario Bros. U section. Page 216.
- Super Mario Encyclopedia. Page 150.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pagg. 150, 216