Hint Envelopes are objects that appear during boss battles in Paper Mario: The Origami King. They are orange envelopes, with a black seal imprinted with a white question mark. Hint Envelopes are found randomly on the board, and if Mario runs into one, he reads it as a hint for fighting the boss is displayed.
- "The Earth Vellumental's shell is super sturdy. Jump attacks will always bounce right off of it. Aim for its exposed limbs instead. Get up close and personal with your hammer!"
- "The Earth Vellumental's tail is its weak spot. A successful hit will make it fully retract into its shell!"
- "When it's retreated into its shell, that's your chance to flip it over with the 1,000-Fold Arms!"
- "Avoid the targeted panels, sneak behind the case, then whack the lid with your hammer!"
- "When it runs out of missiles, that's your chance! Attack inside the case, but don't get TOO close!"
- "Be bold! Just grab those pencils head-on with the 1,000-Fold Arms. If it attacks, stay calm and guard!"
- "You're almost done! Attack it to finish it off!"
- "When the Water Vellumental takes flight, bring it down with a jump, then follow up with your hammer!"
- "When the Water Vellumental's belly is full, it'll unleash a powerful wave! Use the Earth Vellumental's power to stay high and dry!"
- "The best time to strike with your 1,000-Fold Arms attack is right after one of the Vellumental's waves!"
- "Be bold! Try bumping against one of those rubber-band panels!"
- "Normal attacks have no effect on this Rubber Band. Use your 1,000-Fold Arms to yank at it instead!"
- "Get close to the enemy before using the 1,000-Fold Arms. The closer you are, the more bands you'll grab. Yank those rubber bands back as far as you can, then let 'em fly!"
- "Watch the Rubber Band's movements carefully as you try to grab it! You'll have to time it juuust right..."
- "The 1,000-Fold Arms can't touch the Fire Vellumental while it's on fire! Stomp it with Iron Boots!"
- "If you don't see the panels you need, try opening a chest!"
- "Touch any flames on the ground or in the air and you'll get hurt. Put the fires out with water first!"
- "Its HP is linked to the number of feathers it has. Use multihit jump attacks to pluck several at a time!"
- "The 1,000-Fold Arms won't work while it's charging in the air. Put it out, and ground it with water first!"
- "Grab the final feathers on its head with the 1,000-Fold Arms, and yank 'em out. If you don't, it'll heal itself!"
- "Time the 1,000-Fold Arms carefully! If you don't finish it in one go, it'll just get angry and regenerate!"
- "The Hole Punch's yellow body is really tough! He's hiding a vulnerable spot somewhere..."
- "Hit the Hole Punch's soft, gray lid with your hammer to send some paper cutouts flying!"
- "Your max HP will drop drastically if you get hole punched. Reclaim your cut-out pieces to restore it!"
- "The Hole Punch's charge attack is a brutal body slam. Seek higher ground to avoid heavy damage!"
- "When the Hole Punch flips over, rush it with your 1,000-Fold Arms!"
- "The ON panel is hiding in the treasure chest. Release it first!"
- "Only the Fire Vellumental can melt through that icy defense! Get to a Magic Circle and fire away!"
- "After you've melted the ice, try to strike with a 1,000-Fold Arms rush before it freezes itself up again!"
- "Slide the panels in a straight row to break up chunks of ice. Canceling will restore the ice, so think ahead!"
- "Memorize the ice maze's starting layout so you can quickly re-create it by spinning the arena's rings!"
- "Hit the tape dispenser with your hammer to break it!"
- "Hit the tape dispenser on all four sides to smash the whole thing!"
- "The hidden panels are stashed in the treasure chests. Free them first!"
- "Any panels Mario uses get sneakily stashed in that chest!"
- "The strips of tape stuck to the ground are vulnerable to fire!"
- "Use the 1,000-Fold Arms to grab the tape by its end and yank it all out!"
- "The tape spins too fast to grab. Try burning it with fire!"
Boss Sumo Bro
- "Defeat the Folded Soldiers who are holding the missing panels to get them back!"
- "Get the ON panel back, and use a Magic Circle to defeat them!"
- "The Sumo Bros. are weak to fire!"
- "Try to attack from just the right distance! Not too far away, but not too close!"
- "Get too close and the panel will get flicked away. Too far and it'll counter you. You have to attack from just a short distance away!"
- "Try to attack from the second-closest ring—-the far edge of your hammer's attack range!"
- "Playing Rock Paper Scissors while close gives you higher attack power but makes it harder to guard. From farther away, your attack will be weaker, but it'll be easier to guard!"
- "DANGER! DANGER! Do NOT break that cover! Aim your attacks carefully!"
- "Time your attacks to match the movement of the Scissors. Don't attack its cover!"
- "You can't guard against the Scissors' blade attack! Press to jump up at just the right moment!"
- "If jumping out of the way is too stressful, try freezing it to stop it from moving!"
- "When the Scissors are frozen, you'll have a perfect chance to unleash a 1,000-Fold Arms attack!"
- "Keep an eye on how many staples are left in its mouth, then attack while it's waiting to reload!"
- "If you're close, it'll use two staples to pin you down. If you're far, it'll fire eight staples at you!"
- "Attacking with your hammer will waste one staple. A jump attack will waste four! Force it into its reload state by wasting all of its staples!"
Names in other languages
||Sobre de pista