|First appearance||Paper Mario: The Origami King (2020)|
The Sensor Lab is a location in Paper Mario: The Origami King. It is found on Picnic Road, although it is not accessible until after the red streamer has been cleared. Its main use is to allow Mario to "fax travel" to satellite offices located in other regions. When the Sensor Lab is visited for the first time, Mario can activate it by hammering the "yellow mushroom" on the fax printer, unfolding it into the Toad Researcher. As thanks, he gives Mario the Toad Radar, along with a chance to test it. The Lamination Suit and Hidden Block Unhider are also invented at the Sensor Lab after entering Scorching Sandpaper Desert and transporting the Super Marino out of the Musée Champignon, respectively. These tools can be charged at a lab location for 500 coins each.
A Collectible Treasure of the Sensor Lab (No. 24) is found in a treasure chest right next to the building.
Mario can test the Toad Radar, Lamination Suit, and Hidden Block Unhider after they become available. In each of these tests, Mario is given three tasks of increasing difficulty, which must be completed before the gadget's battery runs out. They can be quit at any time with the button.
During these tests, Mario must use the Toad Radar to find hidden Toads.
- Mario must find one Toad hidden between four clumps of grass
- Rocks, flowers, and greenery are added. There are two Toads to find.
- A field of tall grass completely covers the area. Mario must find three Toads.
During these tests, Mario must reach a flag at the end of a course while avoiding Goombas.
- Mario must sneak between a set of crates. There are four Goombas to avoid.
- Mario has to walk between a vertical column of Goombas.
- A large formation of Goombas marches around the flag. Mario must walk between them and follow their pattern until he reaches the flag.
Hidden Block Unhider
During these tests, Mario must reveal and empty Invisible Blocks.
- A flower and a small gray square appear, each with an Invisible Block above them.
- Four clumps of grass and a circle of flowers are added. There are three Invisible Blocks to be found.
- Four Invisible Blocks are placed around an ascending formation of crates.
Satellite office locations
Each satellite office is activated by filling a Not-Bottomless Hole to reveal its location, then going inside and pulling a researcher out of the receiving end of the fax printer he is stuck in.
- In Autumn Mountain, by the bench near the Water Vellumental Shrine. Its interior is red.
- In Shogun Studios, near a Ninji looking for a Straw. The Shogun Studios Master Key is required to access it. Its interior is blue. If Mario fax travels to this satellite office and exits the office, a staff Toad runs up to him to stop him from going any further and forcefully escorts him to the park entrance (even when Mario has a Lamination Suit on), showing Mario knocked off his feet afterwards.
- In Scorching Sandpaper Desert, on a ledge to the south west of the tower. Its interior is green.
- On ? Island, on a ledge with a treasure chest next to the door. Its interior is purple.
- In Shangri-Spa, behind the entrance building. Its interior is white, and its researcher is a Shangri-Spa Toad wearing a lab coat.
While Mario can fax travel from the Sensor Lab to any of its satellite offices and vice versa, he cannot fax travel directly between satellite offices.
- Collectible Treasure No. 24: "A laboratory famous for the invention of fax travel, Toad Radar, and many other useful technologies."
| Sensor Lab - Plays in the Sensor Lab and its satellite offices.||File info|
| Toad Radar - Plays while testing inventions at the Sensor Lab.||File info|
Names in other languages
|Italian||Centro di ricerca||Reaserch center|
|Spanish||Laboratorio de detección||Detection Laboratory|