- “It's doin' somethin'! Watch out now!”
- —Ol' Grandsappy, Paper Mario: The Origami King
|First appearance||Paper Mario: The Origami King (2020)|
Ol' Grandsappy is an old tree in Paper Mario: The Origami King. Mario and Olivia encounter him in Whispering Woods when they sit on a tree stump, which is actually Ol' Grandsappy. The Sap Sisters tell Mario that he is very sick because some Toads chopped him down. Mario then has to find a Soul Seed to help revive him. After Mario obtains the Soul Seed, he hears Ol' Grandsappy scream in pain. Mario returns to him and finds that Ol' Grandsappy has been ambushed and eaten up by some Paper Macho Goombas. Mario uses confetti on him to bring him back to life and gives him the Soul Seed, which makes him sing a song and grow into Sweet Sap Loggins, a large tree and a younger version of himself. In the credits, one of the photos shows some Toads decorating Sweet Sap Loggins with flower wreaths.
A Collectible Treasure of Ol' Grandsappy (No. 3) can be found in a chest inside a cabin in Toad's BBQ Foodeatery once the area's caretaker returns home. When collected, the caretaker mentions how Ol' Grandsappy was the biggest tree they logged.
- Collectible Treasure No. 3: "The withered form of Ol' Grandsappy, reduced to a mere stump. This trunk contains zero funk."
- Sweet Sap Loggins
- Collectible Treasure No. 105: "The vibrant form of Sweet Sap Loggins, Ol' Grandsappy's stage name from the glory days."
Names in other languages
|From「木偶」(deku, wooden puppet) and「爺」(jī, grandpa)|
|Dutch||Vadertje Stronk||From the diminutive form of "vader" (father) and "stronk" (stump)|
|French||Le Vénérable||The Venerable|
|German||Gevatter Stumpfenstrunk||From "gevatter" (godfather) + "stumpf" (tree stump) and "strunk" (tree stump)|
|Italian||Nonno Fusto||Grandpa Trunk|
|Grandpa Big Tree|
|Spanish (NOA)||Viejo Savino||From viejo (old) + diminutive of savia (tree sap)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Don Tronquelio||From don (Spanish honorific prefix) + portmanteau of tronco (trunk), and the masculine name Rogelio|
Sweet Sap Loggins
|From「木偶」(deku, wooden puppet) and「お兄さん」(onī-san, older brother)|
|Dutch||Wout Reus||From "woudreus" (a very large tree in a forest, lit. "forest giant"), and the name "Wout"|
|German||Meister Edelwuchs||Master "Noblegrowth"|
|Italian||Bellinfusto||From "bellimbusto" (handsome) and "fusto" (trunk)|
|Big Brother Big Tree|
|Spanish (NOA)||Savino||Diminutive form of savia (tree sap)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Tronquilón||Portmanteau of tronco (trunk) ant tranquilón (easy-going)|
- "#1 DESDOBLEMOS ESTO! | Paper Mario El Rey de Origami | Juego en ESPAÑOL con - Red Shock -".
- "Parte 1¡¡Sorpresa en la Feria del Origami!! 🌹 Paper Mario: The Origami King 🌹 Guía en Español".
- "¡NOS ADENTRAMOS EN EL BOSQUE! Paper Mario The Origami King en Español Latino".
- "Parte 2 "Musicote del bueno" 🌹 Paper Mario: The Origami King 🌹 Guía en Español".