|"Raises your HP a little bit during battle." (bronze)|
"Raises your HP a lot during battle." (silver)
"Raises your HP a ton during battle." (gold)
|First appearance||Paper Mario: The Origami King (2020)|
- Not to be confused with HP Plus.
The Heart Plus is an accessory in Paper Mario: The Origami King, and one of three to come in multiple separate variants, of which only one can be equipped at a time. It takes on the appearance of a ring, modeled after MAX UP Hearts, and is adorned with either bronze, silver, or gold to signify its effectiveness, alongside a small increase in size with each variant. In battle, Mario can equip this accessory to raise the amount of HP he has while fighting. Its variants are sold by Fun, Funky, and Functional vendors across the game.
The standard bronze variant of this accessory can be bought on Picnic Road just outside of the Earth Vellumental Temple, and increases Mario's HP by 5, 10, or 15 in battle. The first upgrade, the Silver Heart Plus, is available for purchase in Shroom City and increases Mario's HP by 15, 20, or 25. The strongest variant, the Gold Heart Plus, can be obtained from a shop in Shangri-Spa and increases Mario's HP by 25, 30, or 35. The amount of HP added is chosen at random from the three available values. In regular battles, there is a 10% chance that he will get the lowest possible amount, 20% that he will get the highest, and 70% that he will get the one in the middle. Against bosses, only the higher two values can be chosen, each with a 50% chance.
Mario's maximum HP on the field is 200; equipping a Heart Plus is the only way to have an HP higher than 200 in battle. Any HP remaining after a battle that is more than Mario's current field HP will be discarded when Mario exits the battle.
Names in other languages
|Bronze HP Plus|
Silver HP Plus
Gold HP Plus
|Italian||Cuore di bronzo
|Spanish||Corazón de bronce
Corazón de plata
Corazón de oro