|First appearance||New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009)|
|Latest appearance||New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (2019)|
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Screwtop Lifts first appear in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, where they move in a set direction when spun on. Each of them has a screw on it that needs to be spun to activate the platform and make it move. The direction it spins in is represented by a track that symbolizes its movement path. The platform slowly spins back in the direction it came from when the player is not on it. Screwtop Lifts appear only in World 8-, where they appear throughout the level.
New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Luigi U / New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Screwtop Lifts return in New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U, exhibiting the same behavior as in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. They appear in Screwtop Tower in the former and in Sumo Bro's Spinning Tower in the latter. They also reprise the former role in the challenge Screwtop It Up.
Screwtop Lifts reprise the aforementioned roles in New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
Names in other languages
|French||Ascenseur à vis||Screw Lift|
Ascensore a vite
- Stratton, Steve. New Super Mario Bros. U PRIMA Official Game Guide. Page 159.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Channel (April 4, 2013). New Super Mario Bros. U -- Screwtop It Up (Gold Medal) description: "The last of the Time Attack challenges! When using the Screwtop Lifts, don't ride them to the end, but only as far as you need to reach your next platform, while also using wall kicks to create shortcuts wherever possible. Perseverence and patience are key to overcoming the many obstacles in this challenge. Those going for gold will need to memorize their route and not make any mistakes!" YouTube. Retrieved May 23, 2022.
- Stratton, Steve. New Super Mario Bros. U PRIMA Official Game Guide. Page 230.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, pages 150 and 216.
- Chaîne New Super Mario Bros. U. (March 1st, 2013). New Super Mario Bros. U - Mines Candi-TOUR 2 - Ascension en duo (Wii U) video description.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pag. 150
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pag. 216