- This article is about Screwtop Tower, a level in New Super Mario Bros. U. For other uses, see Rock-Candy Mines-Tower 2.
|Level code||World 6-Tower (2)|
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. U|
|Time limit||500 seconds|
|Boss||Boss Sumo Bro|
|** << Directory of levels >> >>|
Screwtop Tower, or Rock-Candy Mines-Tower, is the second Tower of Rock-Candy Mines in New Super Mario Bros. U. It is unlocked via completion of Walking Piranha Plants! or Thrilling Spine Coaster, and its own completion opens the path to red and blue ! Switches, Shifting-Floor Cave, and the second entrance to Roy's Conveyor Castle.
The level begins outside the tower, with a Screwtop Lift, a platform that moves when the bolt on top is spun by the player, leading to a Warp Pipe. Inside the tower, Bony Beetles are found on two floors. Two more Screwtop Lifts are in the section that follows, as well as Bony Beetles on platforms. A Fire Bar is found, along with two Screwtop Lifts. More floors with Bony Beetles on them are found, as well as a Sumo Bro. The Checkpoint Flag can then be found. More Fire Bars are found around a Screwtop Lift. Another Screwtop Lift then follows, along with Sumo Bros., Bony Beetles, and Fire Bars. A Red Ring is found near another Screwtop Lift, which allows the player to reach a section with a row of Bony Beetles on Note Blocks that lead to Screwtop Lift. Six L-shaped Fire Bars are found along the platform's path, leading to a Sumo Bro and the boss door.
Unlike the previous six towers, the boss of this tower is a Boss Sumo Bro empowered by Magikoopa. The player must hit the floors he stands on from below to stun him, and then stomp him to deal damage. He is defeated after being stomped three times.
- Star Coin 1: After the first section of Screwtop Lifts is a yellow Warp Pipe that leads to the area with the first Star Coin. The player must first hit the Hidden Blocks in order to enter the pipe. Inside the area, a POW Block is used to defeat a row of Bony Beetles and causes the Star Coin to fall.
- Star Coin 2: The second Star Coin is on a Screwtop Lift's path, to the right.
- Star Coin 3: Above the section with the boss door, the player must use Hidden Blocks to reach the third Star Coin.
Names in other languages
Maite Maite Neji-shiki Rifuto no Toride
|Winding and Winding, Fortress of Screw-type Lift|
Zhuǎndòng Fātiáo Xuánzhuǎn de Luóxuán Tái Bǎolěi
|Screw Spinning Platform Fortress of Wind-Up Key Spinning|
|Dutch||Schroeflifttoren||Screw lift tower|
|German||Kammerjagd im Drehwurm-Turm||Pest control in the Screwtop Tower|
|Italian||Torre delle viti||Tower of Screws|
|Korean||돌리고 돌리고 나사식리프트 요새
Dolligo Dolligo Nasasikripeuteu Yosae
|Spin And Spin Screw-Type Lift Fortress|
|Portuguese||Torre Rotativa||Rotary Tower|
|Spanish||Torre Tornillo||Screw Tower|
- This level appears in volume 47 of Super Mario-kun being designed to look more like a dojo.