- This article is about Meteor Moat, a level in New Super Mario Bros. U. For other uses, see Peach's Castle-1.
|New Super Mario Bros. U
|<< Directory of levels >> **
Meteor Moat, or Peach's Castle-1, is the first course of Peach's Castle in New Super Mario Bros. U. It is unlocked via completion of Boarding the Airship and its own completion unlocks Magma-River Cruise, while the secret exit unlocks Firefall Cliffs.
Like World 8-1 of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, raining debris is found throughout the level. The level begins underneath a platform, along with a ? Block containing a power-up. The player can jump onto a ledge and go left to find a Hidden Block containing a 1-Up Mushroom. A large section of the ground that move up, down, left, and right, along with multiple Brick Block structures and Koopa Troopas. More moving block structures and sections of the ground are found, with some becoming submerged in lava briefly. The Checkpoint Flag can then be found on a stationary part of the ground. Lava Geysers are found, along with more moving platforms, with a Bony Beetle on one of them. A stationary platform with Bony Beetles on it is found. A long section of moving ground with Bony Beetles on it is found, and it occasionally becomes submerged in the lava. The Goal Pole is found at the end of the area.
- Star Coin 1: In plain sight, the first Star Coin is under a few Brick Blocks and over a portion of ground that sinks into the lava.
- Star Coin 2: The player must use Super Mario or the meteors to break Brick Blocks blocking the second Star Coin.
- Star Coin 3: After the P Switch, the third Star Coin is inside a pit directly over lava. The player needs to freeze a Bony Beetle and throw it at the Star Coin.
It is also possible to reach said pipe with unorthodox solutions:
- Two players can reach it by bouncing on each other's heads if one of them has a Super Acorn; the player with the Acorn must be on top to use the air-boost to reach the pipe.
- Three players can reach it by bouncing on each other's heads with no power-up requirement.
- A P-Acorn will allow its user to air-boost infinitely and consequently reach the pipe.
- Peachette's superior air boost enables her to reach the pipe on her own with a running start.
Names in other languages
Maguma to Honō de Ashimoto Guragura
|Footstep is Rumbling by Magma and Flames
Yánjiāng Huǒyàn Lìng Jiǎoxià Huǎngdòng Búyǐ
|Footstep is Nonstop-Rumbling by Lava Flames
|Ciel de cendres
|Sky of ashes
|Magma und Meteoriten
|Magma and Meteorites
|마그마와 불꽃으로 발바닥은 이글이글
Mageumawa Bulkkoseuro Balbadageun Igeuligeul
|Foot Sole Is Burned By Magma And Flame
|Chuva de Meteoros
|Магма и метеориты
Magma i meteority
|Magma and meteorites
|Llueve sobre quemado
|Raining on Burnt Terrain
(pun on the expression llover sobre mojado, which translates to "raining over wet" and means that nothing new is contributed, like a fireball rain in a lava-filled course)