- This article is about Prickly Goombas!, a level in New Super Mario Bros. U. For other uses, see Frosted Glacier-3.
- "Prickly Goombas" redirects here. For information about the enemy this level is named after, see Prickly Goomba.
|Level code||World 4-3|
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. U|
|Time limit||400 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >> >>|
Prickly Goombas!, or Frosted Glacier-3, is the third level of Frosted Glacier in New Super Mario Bros. U. It is unlocked via completion of Freezing-Rain Tower, and its own completion opens the path to Scaling the Mountainside and Icicle Caverns, both of which are sometimes blocked by a Cooligan enemy course. This is where the fourth Nabbit chase occurs.
The player begins the level on a ground entirely out of ice, nearby two Fire Piranha Plants in Warp Pipes. A ? Block is found above a regular Piranha Plant, containing a Super Mushroom or a Fire Flower, depending on the player's form. Another Piranha Plant is found, along with a Prickly Goomba found next to a Fire Piranha Plant. Some rolling hills, Prickly Goombas, and Fire Piranha Plants are found. A Fire Piranha Plant is found in a Warp Pipe, followed by a ledge with a Prickly Goomba and three regular Goombas on it. The Checkpoint Flag is found, along with another ? Block. A rolling hill with a Goomba on is found, and a ? Block containing a Yoshi Egg is hidden behind a wall at the end of the hill. A Fire Bro is found, followed by a rolling hill with Prickly Goombas on it. Mario then arrives at a ? Block and a Fire Piranha Plant. A group of Prickly Goombas is found below a platform, with a Fire Bro burning their shells open. Another Prickly Goomba is found with a Fire Bro, followed by a rolling hill and a row of Piranha Plants in Warp Pipes. A group of rolling hills, Fire Piranha Plants, and regular Piranha Plants are found, with the Goal Pole at the end of the area.
- Star Coin 1: The first Star Coin is located through a Warp Pipe above a platform. Some Goombas and a Prickly Goomba are located on the platform, and must be defeated in order to access the Warp Pipe.
- Star Coin 2: After the Midway Point, there is a pipe reachable only by a hidden Yoshi that is hidden in a wall. Through the Warp Pipe, a row of Prickly Goombas must be jumped on using Yoshi in order to reach the second Star Coin.
- Star Coin 3: The third Star Coin is the air after the second Star Coin, above a Fire Bro and a row of Prickly Goombas.
Names in other languages
Panpan hajikeru Igakuribō no setsugen
|Slap-Popping Prickly Goombas' Snowfield|
Pēngpēng Bàokāi de Jiāncì Lìbǎobǎo Bīngyuán
|The Ice Field of Slap-Popping Prickly Goombas|
|Dutch||Poolnacht met Prickly Goomba's||Polar night with Prickly Goombas|
|French (NOA)||Goomba Épineux!||Prickly Goomba!|
|French (NOE)||Goomb’aïe aïe aïe||Goomb'ouch, ouch, ouch|
|German||Gletscher der Stachel-Gumbas||Glacier of the Prickly Goombas|
|Italian||Arrivano i Goombaspini!||Here comes the Prickly Goombas!|
|Korean||톡톡 튀는 삐죽굼바의 설원
Toktok Twineun Ppijukgumbaui Seorwon
|Snowy Field Of Hopping Prickly Goombas|
|Portuguese||Cuidado com os Goombas-Picos!||Beware of the Prickly Goombas!|
|Spanish (NOA)||La tundra de los Goombas espinosos||The tundra of the Prickly Goombas|
|Spanish (NOE)||La tundra de los Goombas Espino||The tundra of the Prickly Goombas|