- This article is about Stone-Eye Zone, a level in New Super Mario Bros. U. For other uses, see Layer-Cake Desert-1.
|Level code||World 2-1|
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. U|
|Time limit||400 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >> >>|
Stone-Eye Zone, or Layer-Cake Desert-1, is the first course of Layer-Cake Desert in New Super Mario Bros. U. It features several Stone-Eyes and Sand Geysers, and various ice cream cones and a large cake are visible in the background. It is also the last course in Easy Pack.
Completing this course unlocks Perilous Pokey Cave and Fire Snake Cavern as well as a red Toad House. In addition, it also triggers the first instance of Nabbit and unlocks the Pipe Cannons used to get from world to world.
The level begins with a ? Block containing a power-up, along with a Stone-Eye moving in a pit of quicksand. To the left of the starting area is another Stone-Eye. Above it is a Hidden Block containing a Super Acorn. Some Waddlewings are found, along with palm trees that act as platforms. Another Stone-Eye is found, along with a ? Switch. A section with multiple Stone-Eyes with Koopa Troopas on them follows, with Paratroopas flying above. Another Stone-Eye is found, along with some Piranha Plants and Goombas. A Koopa Troopa is on a palm tree. More Waddlewings are found, one of which is holding a Super Acorn, and are followed by the Checkpoint Flag. Moving Stone-Eyes and Sand Geysers act as platforms to cross pits. Paratroopas are found in between the platforms. Following a series of large Stone-Eyes that begin to lower, the Goal Pole is found.
- Star Coin 1: The first Star Coin sits in plain sight, and the player must leap off the Stone-Eye below to obtain it.
- Star Coin 2: The player must use the Flying Squirrel suit or Peachette (New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe only) to reach a Warp Pipe on the tree after the Checkpoint Flag; it leads to the second Star Coin. In multiplayer mode, one player can also jump on another player's head to reach the Warp Pipe.
- Star Coin 3: Within a Sand Geyser, the third Star Coin can be collected by waiting until the geyser comes up, or when the Stone-Eye moves so the player can grab it while the geyser is up.
Names in other languages
|Peeking Around, Stone-Eye Zone|
Sìchù Zhāngwàng de Yánshíxiàng Dìdài
|Zone of Peeking-around Stone-Eyes|
|Dutch||Rotskoppenregio||Region of rock heads|
|French||Sacrées cabroches!||Cabroches sacred!|
|German||Tal der Gesichtsfelsen||Valley of the rock face|
|Italian||Zona dei guardaliti||Stone-Eye Zone|
|Korean||뒹구르르 얼바위 지대
Duinggureureu Eolbawi Jidae
|Tumbling Stone-eye Zone|
|Portuguese||Moai à Espreita||Lurking Stone-Eye|
|Spanish||¡Ojo a este desierto!||Beware This Desert! (pun on ojo, eye)|
- Stone-Eye Zone is based off Course 1 of New Super Mario Bros. Mii.