Flight of the Para-Beetles
- This article is about Flight of the Para-Beetles, a level in New Super Mario Bros. U. For other uses, see Soda Jungle-Para-Beetle.
|Flight of the Para-Beetles|
|Level code||World 5-|
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. U|
|Time limit||300 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Flight of the Para-Beetles, or Soda Jungle-, is the secret course of Soda Jungle in New Super Mario Bros. U. It is unlocked via secret exit in Which-Way Labyrinth and its own completion skips Rock-Candy Mines and unlocks Land of Flying Blocks.
The course is an autoscroller that takes place in the sky containing Para-Beetles and Heavy Para-Beetles. The level begins on a platform, with a group of Para-Beetles nearby. A ? Block containing a power-up can be reached with the Para-Beetles. A Heavy Para-Beetle is found, along with more Para-Beetles. Another ? Block is found, along with another Heavy Para-Beetle and a row of Para-Beetles. The Para-Beetles are used to reach a group of Para-Beetles that moves to the right. A Red Ring is found above them, and a row of Heavy Para-Beetles follows. Para-Beetles allow access to a bridge platform with a ? Block above it. More Para-Beetles and Heavy Para-Beetles follow, and five King Bills are encountered. A bridge platform with three Brick Blocks above it is found. The middle block contains a P Switch, which causes Blue Coins to appear and act as indicators for the last two King Bills. Warp Pipes at the top of the area lead to the Goal Pole.
If the player lands on seven different Para-Beetles or Heavy Para-Beetles in a row without landing on anything else, they are granted a 1-Up Mushroom.
- Star Coin 1: The first Star Coin is found in mid-air, after a series of Para-Beetles.
- Star Coin 2: As with the first Star Coin, the second Star Coin is found in mid-air.
- Star Coin 3: The red Warp Pipe at the end of the first section leads to an alternate pathway where the third Star Coin resides. The player must use a nearby Para-Beetle as a platform in order to enter the pipe.
Names in other languages
Semarikuru Pata-metto no taigun
|Army of the Swarming Para-Beetles|
Fēngyōng'érlái de Fēixíng Gāngkuīguī Dàjūn
|The Swarming Para-Beetle Army|
|Dutch||De Para-Beetles op tournee||The Para-Beetles on tour|
|French||Raid aérien||Air Raid|
|Italian||Il volo delle Paranelle||The flight of the Para-Beetles|
|Korean||조여 오는 펄럭하잉바 대군
Joyeo Oneun Peolleokhaingba Daegun
|Seizing Herd Of Para-Beetles|
|Portuguese (NOE)||Voo dos Parabesouros||Flight of the Para-Beetles|
|Russian||Рой летучих жуков
Roy letuchikh zhukov
|Swarm of Flying Beetles|
|Spanish||La migración de los Parabuzzies||The migration of the Parabuzzies|
- The name of this level is likely a reference to an orchestral interlude, "Flight of the Bumblebee."