Slide Lift Tower
- This article is about Slide Lift Tower, a level in New Super Mario Bros. U. For other uses, see Meringue Clouds-Tower.
|Slide Lift Tower|
|Level code||World 7-Tower|
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. U|
|Time limit||500 seconds|
|<< << Directory of levels >>|
Slide Lift Tower, or Meringue Clouds-Tower, is the tower of Meringue Clouds in New Super Mario Bros. U. The tower is unlocked via completion of Seesaw Shrooms or Switchback Hill. Defeating Magikoopa in this course unlocks Spinning Spirit House.
The level begins underneath a Fire Bro, and a Slide Lift is found above a pit. A Warp Pipe leads to another area, where a Fire Bro is found at the beginning. Multiple Slide Lifts are found in the area, and are used to progress vertically. A Fire Bro is found on a row of blocks, which includes a ? Block containing a Super Star. Another Fire Bro is found, as well as another Slide Lift. Dry Bones and a Big Dry Bones are found, along with a Hidden Block on the right wall that contains a 1-Up Mushroom and more Slide Lifts. More Fire Bros are found, as well as a Warp Pipe leading to the Checkpoint Flag. More Slide Lifts are used to progress, and Fire Bars act as obstacles. More Fire Bros, Slide Lifts, and Fire Bars appear in the following section. A Huge Fire Bar is found before the boss door.
The boss door leads to the battle with Magikoopa, who creates blocks with his magic. Some of the blocks contain enemies, such as Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Paratroopas, Mini Goombas, Monty Moles, and Bob-ombs. When Magikoopa is hit, he casts magic at the player, which turns the ground into Donut Blocks. He is defeated after being jumped on three times.
- Star Coin 1: In the end of the second area, the Star Coin is sealed in the ceiling by Brick Blocks. The player needs a Super Acorn or a Super Crown to break the bricks and reach the coin. The Star Coin can also be reached by bouncing off a Fire Bro.
- Star Coin 2: In the middle of the third area, the player should notice four spinning coins on the right side of the room. Behind those coins is a hidden Warp Pipe that leads to a secret room. The player needs the Super Acorn or the Super Crown once again to climb the room's Slide Lifts and reach the Star Coin.
- Star Coin 3: Immediately after the second Star Coin, the player should climb up the rightmost chamber by either Wall Jumping or using Hidden Blocks to find another secret pipe. The pipe leads to a room infested with Slide Lifts. The player must carefully work their way through the hazardous maze to find the third Star Coin.
- Fire Bros
- Dry Bones
- Big Dry Bones
- Fire Bars
- Huge Fire Bar
- Goombas (boss battle only)
- Mini Goombas (boss battle only)
- Koopa Troopas (boss battle only)
- Paratroopas (boss battle only)
- Monty Moles (boss battle only)
- Bob-ombs (boss battle only)
- Boss: Magikoopa
Appearance in the Super Smash Bros. series
Slide Lift Tower appears as one of the variations on the stage Mushroom Kingdom U in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It features a set of moving platforms, and icicles appear as obstacles.
Names in other languages
Kaiten Suraido Rifuto no Toride
|Rotation, Fortress of Slide Lift|
Xuánzhuǎn de Píngxíng Yídòng Tái Bǎolěi
|Spinning Parallel Moving Platform Fortress|
|Dutch||Schuifplatformtoren||Slide lift tower|
|Italian||Torre degli ascensori a rotazione||Tower of rotating lifts|
|Korean||회전! 슬라이드리프트 요새
Hoejeon! Seullaideuripeuteu Yosae
|Rotation! Slide Lift Fortress|
|Portuguese||Torre Deslizante||Sliding Tower|
|Russian||Башня скользящих лифтов
Bashnya skol'zyashchikh liftov
|Sliding lift tower|
|Spanish (NOA)||Torre de elevadores deslizantes||Sliding elevators' tower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Torre Deslizadora||Slider Tower|