- This article is about Icicle Caverns, a level in New Super Mario Bros. U. For other uses, see Frosted Glacier-5.
- Not to be confused with Icicle Cavern.
|Level code||World 4-5|
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. U|
|Time limit||400 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Icicle Caverns, or Frosted Glacier-5, is the fifth level of Frosted Glacier in New Super Mario Bros. U. It is unlocked via completion of Prickly Goombas! alongside Scaling the Mountainside. Its own completion opens the path to Swaying Ghost House. It is also the only level with Ice Bros.
The level begins above ground, with a Huge Icicle that is used to reach a Warp Pipe leading to an underground area. A row of icicles is found through the Warp Pipe, along with a Buzzy Beetle and a lift with a ? Block containing a power-up over it. A slope with Buzzy Beetles is found, as well as more icicles. More lifts are found above a pit, and a row of Brick Blocks allows hidden coins to be reached. A Huge Icicle is found, along with some more icicles and a Red Ring above a lift. A section with more lifts, icicles, and Huge Icicles follows. Some Buzzy Beetles are found, along with the Checkpoint Flag. More lifts are found, followed by an Ice Bro on a row of Brick Blocks. Another section with lifts and icicles follows. Another Ice Bro and more Huge Icicles are encountered. A Warp Pipe is found at the end of the area, leading to the Goal Pole.
At the beginning of the level, just before the pipe, when the giant icicle falls, the player can use a P-Acorn or a Balloon Baby Yoshi to fly or float to reach a platform above the area. The player can continue to the right, where a group of coins is found. At the end of the section, the area with the Goal Pole is found, and the platform with the third Star Coin can be reached.
- Star Coin 1 (pictured): Near the beginning of the level, the player must find a small hidden area containing the Star Coin. The player must be quick; a giant icicle will block the player from reaching it.
- Star Coin 2: Not too far after the Checkpoint Flag, the player must bounce off the first Ice Bro in order to reach the green Warp Pipe that leads to the second Star Coin.
- Star Coin 3: Near the end of the level, the player must take the lower path before the giant icicles fall. The player can then use the Warp Pipe to take the player to the third Star Coin. If the giant icicle falls and not in time, the player could use a Super Acorn, a Propeller Mushroom, a Balloon Baby Yoshi or Peachette to reach the top path. It is also possible to bounce off another player to reach the top path in multiplayer mode.
Names in other languages
Tsurara Zurazura no Dōkutsu
Xuánguà zhe Hěnduō Bīngzhuī de Dòngkū
|The Cave where a lot of Icicles are hanging above|
|French||Grotte aux stalactites||Stalactites cave|
|German||Eisgezapft is'!||Pun on "Eiszapfen"(Icicle) and "O'zapft is!", the motto of the German Oktoberfest|
|Italian||Caverna delle stalattiti gelide||Cave of the frosty stalactites|
|Korean||고드름이 늘어선 아슬아슬 동굴
Godeureumi Neureoseon Aseulaseul Donggul
|Icicle-Strayed Risky Cave|
|Portuguese||Caverna de Gelo||Ice Cave|
|Spanish||Gruta Glaciar||Glacier Grotto|