Artwork of a Rotating Panel in Super Mario 3D World
|First appearance||Super Mario Sunshine (2002)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (2021)|
Rotating Panels (or flipping platforms) are platforms appearing in Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 3D World, and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. They appear in sets of red and blue platforms, with one color rotating 180 degrees at a time while the other stays level.
Super Mario Sunshine
Flipping platforms appear in Super Mario Sunshine in Bianco Hills' secret mission, The Secret of the Dirty Lake. Here, they are large wooden panels with red and blue borders, which alternate between the red and blue panels flipping and move in a fixed path.
Super Mario 3D World / Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Rotating Panels return in Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury in World Star-2, Super Galaxy. They are now smaller and have a more technological appearance, and they do not move from their positions. They have the same alternate-flipping function, but now, they make up the majority of the level and even form long pathways. When rotating, their sides light up. Coins, Octoombas, and Dash Panels can be found on top of them and rotate along with the platforms.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Piattaforme mobili rosse e blu
|Red and blue moving platforms|
- Musa, Alexander, and Geson Hatchett. 2013. Super Mario 3D World Prima Official Game Guide, page 20.
- Alan Averill and Jennifer Villarreal. Super Mario Sunshine: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond: Nintendo of America, 2002. p. 42. ISBN: 1-930206-23-2.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Sunshine section, page 106.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 106
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 230