Gift Box

From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
Screenshot of a Gift Box from Super Mario 3D World.
A Gift Box from Super Mario 3D World

A Gift Box[1] is a box wrapped with a bow like a present that appears in the Toad Houses in Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D World, and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury.

In Super Mario 3D Land, hitting a Gift Box gives the player a random power-up. Players can also receive better Gift Boxes through StreetPass Gifts, which give the player more power-ups depending on how many times the same person is StreetPassed.

In Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, each Toad House contains two Gift Boxes: a small one and a large one. Hitting one of the boxes gives the player either one Super Mushroom (25% chance) or an assortment of four power-ups (75% chance).[2]



  1. ^ Musa, Alexander, and Geson Hatchett. Super Mario 3D World PRIMA Official Game Guide. Page 19.
  2. ^ ZXMany. (April 16, 2021). Are Mystery Boxes in Toad Houses really a 50/50 chance in Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury? YouTube. Retrieved April 16, 2021.