StreetPass Gifts (or SpotPass Gifts in the case of SpotPass) are a game mechanic in Super Mario 3D Land. As the name implies, they are gifts obtained from Miis encountered via either StreetPass or SpotPass. To obtain a StreetPass Gift, the player must have the StreetPass function active (by activating Wireless mode) on their Nintendo 3DS and then go to a Toad House that has a Mii face over it. In the Toad House, Miis found through StreetPass and SpotPass give gifts that contain items and power-ups. If StreetPass Gifts are given several times by the same Mii, the player will get gifts that contain more items.
There are five stages of StreetPass Gifts, each with its own coloration and items. All of the stages can be obtained consecutively when given from the same Mii.
- The first gift is white with a red ribbon and contains a Super Mushroom and either a Fire Flower or a Super Leaf.
- The second gift is white with a blue ribbon and contains a Fire Flower and Super Leaf.
- The third gift is white with a green ribbon and contains a Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, and Super Leaf.
- The fourth gift is white with a silver ribbon and contains a Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, Super Leaf, and Boomerang Flower. This stage is done five times before the tenth gift.
- The tenth gift, called a Deluxe Gift, is gold with a gold ribbon and contains a Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, Super Leaf, Boomerang Flower, and Statue Leaf.