|First appearance||Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (2021)|
Timer Gates are objects found in the Bowser's Fury campaign of Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. They are octagonal rings with a red border, a yellow and orange pattern inside the border, and art of Plessie's face in the center, which is cropped from Plessie's Stamp in Plessie's Plunging Falls.
Timer Gates appear in the water across Lake Lapcat. If the player passes through one of them, it activates a short timer challenge that creates an athletic course with platforms, ramps and Dash Panels leading to a Cat Shine. The player must use Plessie to complete the course and reach the Cat Shine within the time limit. If they fail to collect the Cat Shine in time, the platforms and Cat Shine will vanish, forcing them to go back through the ring to retry the challenge. After its corresponding Cat Shine has been collected, a Timer Gate will turn gray. However, its challenge can still be accessed, and it functions identically to before.
The following Cat Shines are collected after passing through a Timer Gate:
- Hurry! Dash and Dive! (ring located near a waterfall near the Lakeside Giga Bell)
- Hurry! Swim and Slide! (ring located near the Ruins Giga Bell)
- Hurry! Slide through the Sky! (ring located somewhat near Clawswipe Colosseum)
- Hurry! Slip to the Shine! (ring located near Pipe Path Tower)
While the outside border of Timer Gates may appear orange, this is due to the in-game lighting engine changing this color; the model itself shows the intended color.
Names in other languages
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury internal filename (TimerGate)
- Super Mario 3D World + Fury World Perfect Guide. Kadokawa. 2021. p. 498, 499, 501.