- This article is about the enemy from Super Mario Sunshine. For the chicken enemy from Virtual Boy Wario Land, see Coo-Coo.
- Not to be confused with Purp.
Artwork of a Coo Coo from Super Mario Sunshine
|First appearance||Super Mario Sunshine (2002)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario 3D All-Stars (2020)|
A Plurp (also spelled Plirp), originally known as a Coo Coo, is a hen-like creature that appears only in Super Mario Sunshine. It resembles a large chicken with two beady green eyes and a star on its belly. Coo Coos first make an appearance in Bianco Hills, where they fly around randomly and drop splotches of goop whenever they get near Mario. They later appear in Episode 3 of Pianta Village, where they drop burning goop. Coo Coos can be defeated by jumping on them or spraying them to the ground with FLUDD. Coos Coos release several coins with each spray, up to a 1-Up Mushroom.
In Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, the name "Plurp" can appear on the leaderboard.
Model from Super Mario Sunshine
|Super Mario Sunshine||tori||Tori||Romanization of「鳥」(bird)|
Names in other languages
|From「コッコ」(kokko, an onomatopoeia for the peeps of a newborn chick and a childish term for a diminutive breed of chicken) and/or "cuckoo"; compare with Cucco|
- English Super Mario Sunshine entry on the official Mario Portal. nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved August 13, 2022. (Archived August 12, 2022 23:33:20 UTC via archive.today.)
- Loe, Casey. Super Mario Sunshine Perfect Guide. Page 39.
- Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 18.
- Super Mario Sunshine, internal filename root/data/scene/bianco2.szs/scene/tori
- Shogakukan. 「スーパーマリオサンシャイン任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario Sunshine Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook). Page 18.