Artwork of a Seedy Pod
|First appearance||Super Mario Sunshine (2002)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario 3D All-Stars (2020)|
|Variant of||Pokey Head|
Seedy Pods, also known as Yunbos, are a variety of Sanbo Head with yellow flowers and blue skin. They appear only in Bianco Hills and a minicourse in Super Mario Sunshine. When approached, a Seedy Pod burrows underground while launching its seeds at would-be attackers. A Seedy Pod can be defeated by stunning it with water from a safe distance and then jumping on top of it. Once defeated, the Seedy Pod drops a coin (or a Red Coin when in the Red Coin Field). Seedy Pods can be heard singing and seen dancing when one is standing far away. Musical notes even appear above their heads while they are singing. A Seedy Pod can be eaten by a Yoshi when it is in its invincible state.
Names in other languages
|Seed Scattering Pokey|
|Italian||Marghilarva||Pokey-larva/Pokey in a larval stage|
- Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 17.
- Loe, Casey. Super Mario Sunshine Perfect Guide. Page 34.
- Bogenn, Tim, and Doug Walsh. Super Mario Sunshine BradyGames Official Strategy Guide. Page 7.
- Shogakukan. 「スーパーマリオサンシャイン任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario Sunshine Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook). Page 19.
- Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia; pag 99
|Characters||Mega Paper Macho Pokey • Mummipokey • Pokey Triplets • Punkey the Pokey Prince • Tower Power Pokey|
|Species||Big Pokey • Blow Hard • Cactus Jack • Dark Pokey • Drool Hard • Green Pokey • Hanging Blow Hard • Mad Pokey • Poison Pokey • Pokey • Pokey (heading) • Pokey (projectile) • Pokey (toy) • Pokey Head • Pokey Mummy • Pokey Pom • Pokeyplant • Seedy Pod • Skellokey • Snow Pokey • Spiked Fun Guy (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island) • Spiky Snifit • Toothy|