- Not to be confused with Clamber.
A Klamber as seen in Super Mario Sunshine
|First appearance||Super Mario Sunshine (2002)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario 3D All-Stars (2020)|
Klambers, also known as Yellow Spiders and Scuttle Bugs, are metallic yellow enemies resembling Scuttle Bugs that appear only in Super Mario Sunshine. Their name is a corruption of the word "clamber," referring to their climbing ability. They can be found in both Ricco Harbor and Pianta Village.
Klambers are usually seen climbing cages or walls, either vertically or upside-down. When Mario encounters a Klamber climbing on a cage, he can kick or ground-pound in order to defeat it. However, when a Klamber is found climbing on a solid wall, it can be defeated only by using a Yoshi to eat it or spray it with juice. Spraying Klambers with water from FLUDD briefly immobilizes them. Unlike Red Electrokoopas, Klambers always knock Mario off the cage if they damage him.
|Super Mario Sunshine||kumokun||Kumokun||Portmanteau of「蜘蛛」(kumo, spider) and「くん」(the honorific -kun)|
Names in other languages
|Japanese onomatopoeia for rustling noise|
|German||Kasakasa||Romanization of the Japanese name|
|Italian||Ragno Scalatore||Climbing Spider|
- Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 18.
- Loe, Casey. Super Mario Sunshine Perfect Guide. Page 42.
- Bogenn, Tim, and Doug Walsh. Super Mario Sunshine BradyGames Official Strategy Guide. Page 6.
- Hodgson, David S J, Bryan Stratton, and Stephen Stratton. Super Mario Sunshine Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 64.
- Averill, Alan, and Jennifer Villarreal. Super Mario Sunshine Player's Guide. Page 100.
- Super Mario Sunshine, internal filename root/data/scene/ricco2.szs/scene/kumokun
- Shogakukan. 「スーパーマリオサンシャイン任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario Sunshine Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook). Page 18.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 99